Ouch! Over calories

Options
2»

Replies

• faefaith
    faefaith Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Glad to see this thread! Pretty much from 4th of July on I indulged myself and it was lovely! : D But today I am getting back on the wagon and enjoying the ride!
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Of course, I am a total lazy pig some days.
    That's part of it.
    Buck up, and start fresh - - Success Is A Choice!
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    If I could go back in time and tell my younger self one thing, it would be to forgive and move on. I don't want to bore you with the cycle of fail, hate myself, punish myself then give up that I've put myself through over the years.
    Now I have decided that I need to make a healthy diet part of my life, and I fail in some aspect every day. (Not enough fiber, too much sodium, not enough calcium, over on fat... if it's not one thing, it's another...) But this is life, and life isn't ever perfect, even when it is pretty darn close! Accept that there are times in your life you will go over on calories, and try to make those times further and further between themselves.
    Best wishes! :flowerforyou:
  • jillbeanschoop
    jillbeanschoop Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    It's frustrating to be sure, but I use those days as a learning experience. I look at what I ate and try to determine what I could have done differently, so next time, I can make a better choice. It's a slow, uphill climb but you can do it!
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I went over my cals this past weekend and felt guilty about it. I haven't drank in a long time but I had 6 beers on Sat. night (one of my favorite brands, Stella Artois.... around 140 cals per bottle). I had tried planning it out by doing an 80-min workout earlier in the day to "put money in the bank" so to speak, but after I got over to my friend's house, I miscalculated the number of cals I was allowed to eat that day by about 600. :sad: I don't have a smart phone so it's not easy to check, and I tried memorizing the number before I left my house, but my memory failed me. I hadn't planned on clearing out a six pack that night , either, but I hadn't seen my friend since Easter and it was almost 100 degrees here in MI..... you get the idea.

So I felt twice as bad because I thought I was past the point of getting wreckless and going hundreds over, and I had even attempted to plan around it, but like others have said, none of us are perfect and it is all part of the journey. The good news is I have learned to not beat myself up over the next week or two about it. I already worked out yesterday to try and get rid of some of the beer bloat, and I'm going to work out again tonight and tomorrow night before I weigh in on Wed. morning. We can't change the past, we can only do what we can do right now. :flowerforyou:
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    If I could go back in time and tell my younger self one thing, it would be to forgive and move on. I don't want to bore you with the cycle of fail, hate myself, punish myself then give up that I've put myself through over the years.

Ohhh, I know this cycle all to well .........and it is such a nightmare to try and break.
  • Dsnyfrk921
    Dsnyfrk921 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It's one day in the life of... Just beat yourself up at the gym or a punching bag! Don't worry about what you can't change.. just get up, dust yourself off and start again!

Believe it or not, sometimes it helps in the long run. Sometimes your body needs that jolt to start up your metabolism. So, if you
    don't lose this week, next week will be a good week.

Chin up, it happens to us all. You definitely aren't alone!

You can do this!!