At the recommendation of a friend...

Options
At the recommendation of a friend I am coming to the community to look for friends and support! Yeah, yeah I thought I could do this all by myself, because I can do EVERYTHING MYSELF! Right....

Well, here's the lowdown:
I'm 29, ridiculously overweight (okay the stupid weight guideline thingy's say I'm obese, but I don't have to recognize "their" terms right?!) I am currently in school working on my Masters in Teaching and will probably sub in the Fall. I am Mom to one amazing 7 year old, and wife to an aircraft mechanic. I'm currently toughing it out in the Pacific Northwest, but I'm originally a Cali girl. I'm sarcastic, open-minded, and quite often, very blunt. I have a lot (by my measure) of weight to lose and I'd like to connect with people that can be supportive and help me though the ridiculous mess!

I NEED to lose...okay wait for it....at least 60 pounds to feel normal
I WANT to lose 85 pounds to be at my best, but I don't really want to think about that right now.

Current low point...last night...stretched my undies out, you know, to get a couple extra inches, (you know you've done that), and ripped them in half. HA! Maybe one shouldn't need to stretch one's underpants out that far....

Replies

• rn2be_2013
    rn2be_2013 Posts: 16
    Options
    Welcome!

Your last paragraph made me laugh. But yes I know..things like that are kind of a wake up call huh?

Your goal is terrific and I'm sure you'll reach it! Unfortunately for me, if I go with the typical BMI (which I dont really follow) even at 125 I'm still considered obese because of my race! UGH!

I have a lot of family in Cali and it sickens me that they are all so thin! I'm always in awe of the things they do every day. My cousin was overweight too but now participates in decathlons, is a marathon runner, and rides 60 miles on her bike daily! She is my inspiration!

Feel free to add me as a friend!