Any Megabus users? Need reviews!!

Options
If you've ridden Megabus--good or bad experience? I'm considering taking it to see my granddaughter in a couple weeks.

Replies

• Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I haven't but some friends use it when they visit (London to Yorkshire & back). It's a cheap way to travel as long as you don't need any frills. Like a comfy seat.:laugh:
  • blondebiker
    blondebiker Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've had mostly decent experiences, my latest there and back trip was not so good.

My recent experience: I was waiting for the bus that was 45 minutes late in 105 degree weather with no shade. Once it finally showed up, there was no AC and we ended up pulling off to the side of the interstate twice with no explanation! On the way home, the bus was also late (but this time it was cooler and shaded) and then drove like a maniac (weaving and speeding).

Pros: passengers are usually quiet and normal, seats are pretty comfy, it's cheaper than driving/renting a car or flying, most drivers are polite/pleasant, you get where you need to be

Cons: Busses are usually a little late (and no communication via phone or internet as to why busses are running late and when they will arrive), "free WIFI" rarely works, tickets are getting more expensive, some drivers are rude

Pretty much, you get what you pay for. That being said, I've had worse experiences on more expensive flights.