Any advice on Juicing using Odwalla and Naked juices?

Options
I'm 30, 5'3", 130lbs. and am looking to lose 10-15 lbs. My husband and I have changed our diet since January this year and he's lost 30 lbs. I've only lost about 5 and I can't seem to get rid of the rest. I'm starting a 10 day juice fast today and I am asking anyone who has tried it for some advice. Since I do not have a juicer, I was planning to juice by drinking odwalla and naked juices. Since many of them are not PACKED with veggies, I feel a little un easy about it. I'm mostly drinking the Berry Veggie & Orange Carrot one's by Naked. And the Superfood and Blueberry B ones by Odwalla. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• slimnsexynside
    Options
    I'm starting another juice fast this week. In the past, I've used both Naked Juice & freshly juiced fruits & veggies for my fast. It was during this fast combination I lost 10lbs in 7 days. Granted, it may have been water weight, but any loss is a plus in my book. It also helped boost my morale. I would suggest you drink lots of water during your fast and consider investing in a juicer (they're on sale quite often). I have a Breville (it was a gift) and my BFF recently purchased a refurbished Vitamix and she loves it. Also, if I find myself feeling way too hungry during my fast (normally on the eves of day 2 & 3), I'll eat a few baby carrots, cucumbers, celery, pear or an apple. Eating one of these fruits and/or veggies did not hamper my weight loss, but saved me from going crazy. Hope this helps and good luck!!
  • HorseWithNoName27
    HorseWithNoName27 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Those juices are both delicious, so no troubles there! :D However, I would recommend juicing yourself using things like kale, apples, lemon, ginger, carrot. etc. This is cheaper and you will get more nutritional value/fiber this way. You can find a ton of recipes at jointhereboot.com. There is a great documentary about one man's experience with juicing for 90 days... "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead". Great movie and it's on Netflix as well as the Reboot website for free now! I am not using this method of weight loss but it looks promising nonetheless. :)