greatest invention that i've come across...

Options
the MAGIC BULLET!!!! i've been watching the infomercials for months & finally decided to purchase one...i got mine at Bed, Bath & Beyond & used a 20% coupon (those things that come in the mail every month) & ended up paying $40 for it!! well worth it!

today, i made a 1 egg omelet w/ fresh spinach, tomatoes, onions & peppers (all from my garden) & added a slice of cheese! it was fluffy & delish - and only took me 2 min to whip up & 5 min to cook...then to clean it, i added some water & a drop of dishwashing liquid & blended it all up - presto! it was clean before my omelet was done cooking!

i plan on using it for protein shakes (for breakfast) & to make dips for my veggies (think hummus & black bean dip)!!! the small cup is makes a shake for 1 or enough dip for 2-3 days (which is perfect since i live by myself & am a full time student)

does anyone else out there have one? have any good recipes to try?

Replies

• dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    my friend is on the medifast diet and she swears by that....she makes "icecream" by puttin protein shakes mixed with ice cubes......so any flavor you want, but i would think chocolate would be the best.....
  • angiered
    angiered Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I totally agree!!! I just wish they would rename it. lol :blushing:
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options

I know right! for a second there i thought we was talking about something else :smile:
  • renee22
    Options
    hahaha...totally agree...i was talking to a friend & didn't specify it was a blender...she was like "uhhhhhh...TMI" :blushing:
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options

I know right! for a second there i thought we was talking about something else :smile:
    that would be the silver bullet not the magic bullet LOL LOL LOL LOL
  • HollyAnnH
    HollyAnnH Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I have this and I also make "ice cream" or a slushy with chocolate protein powder, ice cubes and a drizzle of water. It is tasty enough that if I'm "jones-ing" it does the trick. My 15 year old son loves it for smoothies on the go. He mixes them up in seconds and is out the door for school. It is great because when he is done he just screws on the cap and throws it in his backpack to clean after school. No more sugar cereal or pop tarts for him.

I'm totally going to have an omlette for breakfast tomorrow morning now. :bigsmile:
  • malibootie
    malibootie Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I used to have the whole shebang- pitchers and everything. Then the rubber strap on the bottom of the blade snapped (it was only a month old) and I had to transfer the one from the flat blade back and forth. I ended up giving away the whole set to a friend who also had the bullet and had just had gastro bypass. She didn't need the blades, but wanted the cups.

However, now you are making me remember how much I loved it when it worked... darn you!
  • kokonutmama
    Options
    I've had one for a while and while I love the convenience of it, the motor craps out after a year or so and the blade/container interface starts to leak, making a sticky-icky mess in the base part that's hard to clean. Still better than cleaning a regular size blender pitcher, though. I've heard (after getting my Magic Bullet (blender!!) as a gift) that you can use some kinds of regular blender and screw the blade parts onto a mason jar. Voila! so you can use a high quality blender that won't break on you and mason jars that will last longer and still be as easy to clean as the plastic ones that come with the MB.

And the name, yeah... I figured some men must've come up with it and had no idea what they were doing. :tongue:
  • jojogirl
    Options
    Fresh grated cheese, fresh salsa are my favorites. You can do so many things.
    I love when I can make things and control the salt. Or not eat the processed stuff at all.
  • faerlie
    Options
    Look at it this way way ladies... with either "bullet" you are loosing calores....I bought a cheap $19.99 10 oz blender at wal-mart for smoothies and it works great!! If it breaks...who care..:drinker: :drinker:
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    It could be the magic bullet to some people. Lol ya'll are to to to funny, we had the magic bullet and didnt like it gave it away or threw it away dont remember which, but that was before I changed my life around wish it was still around as much salsa as I make.

Have a great day everyone!!!
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    :laugh: did you ever notice all these info mercial type blenders have suggestive names?

magic bullet
    thunderstick pro

:ohwell:
  • kimberjones
    Options
    A friend of ours received this as a gift some 2 years ago and had no interest in another processing gadget so she gave it to us. My husband loves to blend salsa to more of a picante-like consistency and I love to use it for virgin daiquiries and for protein shakes. Although mine don't come out like ice cream they are wonderful. One of our blades broke so we've been looking for another one. I think I may just go buy a new one at BB&B if they're only $40 and just add what I have left from our current one to it. The cups are very handy and with the colored rings you put on the top it's easy to remember whose is whose.
    :flowerforyou: