Starting Weight- Pregnancy?

Options
I was wondering if people put their highest weight as their starting weight, even if it was at the height of a pregancy. I guess it would make sense since you used to weigh that and you don't anymore, and it might make you feel a little more accomplished. Opinions?

Replies

• stephogden315
    stephogden315 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Nope! I put what I weighed at the time of signing up here! :)
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Nope! I put what I weighed at the time of signing up here! :)

this. I don't count another human as part of my weight loss tbh. It took minimum effort losing that 14lbs lol. (I had a c section....)
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't include my highest pregnancy weight, since most of that is the baby/fluid and it's hard to tell what's fat and what's baby-related. I'd use my weight a couple days after delivery.
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I put my starting weight on the day I signed up. I do know what my highest post-pregnancy weight was, 9 pounds higher than when I started on MFP.

It's all personal preference, though. Do what works for you. There are no rules about it.
  • think48
    think48 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Nope, I don't consider that accurate. People show pictures of one day after giving birth compared to 1 year later and I don't think that's accurate. I'd rather see a before picture as of before pregnancy a couple months after giving birth.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I put my 2-week post pregnancy as starting. I don't really think that birthing a kid counts as "weight loss".
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    My highest pregnancy weight is more than my starting weight here. Though, frankly not by much! :tongue:
  • karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    that would make as much sense as me asking my kids to stand on the scale with me.....
  • melissan84
    melissan84 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Nope, I wouldnt. those lbs were water weight and baby weight, its not really accurate in my opinion. Plus I weighed more than when I gave birth to my daughter 2.5 years ago in March.
  • Tashmayes
    Tashmayes Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Nope. I used the weight i was when i signed up... If I used my pregnancy highest I would be at a 50lb loss by now!
  • mrbunsrocks
    mrbunsrocks Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I signed up at 2 months post partum, so I'm putting that as my highest weight. I lost 18 lbs within a week, so it feels like cheating to say that's weight loss I "earned" through healthy lifestyle choices.
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    My highest weight while pregnant was 196lbs. I don't remember what I got down to after having my son, my guess is 170-180. After three years, I hit 196 again and that was my breaking point when I realized I needed to make changes, as my heaviest was 196 and I was no longer pregnant and had no excuse. So yes, my highest on MFP is my highest while pregnant =)
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I wish I was at my pregnancy weight as I tend to lose it rather than gain - i get severe morning sickness for the whole nine months and after my last baby i was a stone lighter than I was when I got pregnant.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Yeah, no.

Would you really feel more accomplished? I mean, you know what your real starting weight is.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Yeah I don't get that. Because really...in a matter of a couple of hours, you lose about 20 - 40 lbs! Then within a couple of weeks, you lose more from nursing.
  • DKaye09
    DKaye09 Posts: 109
    Options
    I was wondering if people put their highest weight as their starting weight, even if it was at the height of a pregancy. I guess it would make sense since you used to weigh that and you don't anymore, and it might make you feel a little more accomplished. Opinions?

I put down what my current weight was. Obviously you can write whatever you want for yours, but I find that with weight loss honesty is the best policy. There's no reason for me to fudge any of my numbers because I'd only be lying to myself.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean...probably would cross my mind!! However, you should weigh yourself now, measure yourself, bodyfat % etc...enter all your current stats.
    Lots of credit to you for carrying that baby around and giving birth:happy:
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    My start weight is from my youngest's 2 week appointment, by then i had dropped a 9lb5oz baby and about 20 pounds of baby-related business.
  • workoutgirl23
    Options
    No. i had two kids. and i always just put my current weight that i was when i signed up for the site. i didn't start using this site until about a year after my 2nd child was born.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Since it has been 28 years since I was last pregnant, nope starting weight is the weight I was the day I set my mind to the job of changing my life. Seems if you elect to use your pre-delivery weight you are cheating some and sure wouldn't make me feel good about it.