Cottage cheese

Options
2»

Replies

• MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I just recently "tried" cottage cheese again and found that I actually like it! I buy the flavoured ones from Asda - Onion and Chive is yummy and so is the Cracked Black Pepper. You can get low fat versions or full fat. I tend to have it on some Ryvita for a snack or in a baked potato for lunch/dinner with some salad.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    I like to have a jacket potato, with cottage cheese and fresh pineapple! It's soooo niceee!!:love:
  • lbelle987
    lbelle987 Posts: 97
    Options
    I like cottage cheese plain...but a great way to ease into it is using it as a dip for veggies. Season it with lemon pepper and dip carrots, sugar snap peas, celery, etc in it. Yum!

I use it in my lasagna, and also in homemade mac n cheese. My husband said the mac n cheese was the best he had (and he is picky). Also great in eggplant parmesan.
  • amberlitaaa
    Options
    I mix Polaner's sugar free jam with fiber into it! My favorite is to eat it with tomatoes and black pepper on top. :smile:
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I hate cottage cheese but don't mind paneer. I'm thinking of making my own if I want to try something like cottage cheese in future. I'm not sure if that's easy to find -- I'm guessing it would require going to an Indian grocery story and it might not be low fat. Cottage cheese has always tasted too bitter for me not to add something with much more sugar than I want to be eating.
  • Bilbobradshaw
    Bilbobradshaw Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I use cottage cheese as a replacement for mayo, dips and creamy salad dressing--just mix in whatever! Mustard, lemon pepper, hot sauce--throw it on top of things like you would any old dressing. OR blend it and it's more mayo-like (for sandwiches and things)
  • fancyacuppa
    fancyacuppa Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Mmmm great ideas