ADVICE :) ?

Options
HELLO, IM NEW TO MFP.
& JOINED THE YMCA :)
GOING ON MY 4TH DAY OF EATING LIGHTER AND HEALTHIER AND ONLY WATER!
AND WORKING OUT AT THE YMCA.
IVE BEEN DOING THE BIKE AND ELLIPTICAL MACHINE....AND GOING TO START WALKING WITH MY FAMILY IN THE EVENINGS.
THINKING ABOUT JOINING THE GROUP WORKOUT CLASSES.

ANY HELPFUL AND USEFUL ADVICE :)?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

-READY TO LOSE ALLLLLLLLLL THIS WEIGHT :embarassed:

Replies

• teamfit2day
    teamfit2day Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Variety and dont be afraid to try exercises that push you outside of your comfor zone. The bike and elliptical can quickly become boring and mundane, not to mention that your body will get used to these simpel movements. From time to time, mix in a jog or run. The workout classes sound like a great idea. Keep your mind entertained in order to avoid boredom and plateaus. Beyond that, remember that its 80% diet, 20% workouts so watch what you eat and you will be fine! hope this helps.
  • BabyLeila23
    BabyLeila23 Posts: 410
    Options
    The best advice is to do things that make you happy :) It just depends on what makes you happy. If you like to dance a lot of gyms have zumba and its a blast :) Best wishes!!!
  • feast4thebeast
    feast4thebeast Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Yeah as said above keep it as diverse as you can. Even things like going out for a walk with the family etc all count I went through a stage of just turning up to various classes a few years ago and doing things that were not in my comfort zone - was the only guy in the spin class for a while but it was fun and I made lots of new friends with similiar goals. Don't worry about looking silly because there will be others there similiar to yourself. Good luck
  • crystalmgonzales
    Options
    ok makes sense.....Thanks Guys :)
  • BabyLeila23
    BabyLeila23 Posts: 410
    Options
    And don't be aftraid to add new friends on here :) There are tons of people that are very inspiring and are more than willing to help you through every step of the way!