The things I hate about working in an office building

Options
AlsDonkBoxSquat
AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
1) Public rest rooms - A) If you sprinkle when you tinkle please be neat and wipe the seat - learn it, love it, live it people. B) an automatic flusher isn't a guarantee that everything goes down, do the double check.

2) when there are 2 microwaves on a floor of about 50 - 75 people why would you abandon your lunch in one of them at 1230? If you set it for a minute, be there to retrieve it in a minute.

3) why are you sitting at your desk in a cubical space with 15 people in ear shot on speaker phone? pick up the receiver, I don't want to hear your phone call.

4) my cell phone ringer used to be "Big Pimpin" and now it's "I'm Elmo and I Know It" but my coworker's don't know that because I know how to use the little switch to turn off the volume and on the vibrate . . . you don't know mine, I shouldn't know yours.

5) ear phones people, I don't make you listen to my techno and dance dance *kitten* please don't make me listen to your elevator jazz.

Replies

• HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Haha this is funny! I've never worked in an office, but have experienced all of them at some point before! Very annoying. :grumble:
  • AprilRenewed
    AprilRenewed Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    OMG I couldn't agree with every single thing you said more!!!
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Every time I get office fever I remember my years back in the print factories, and then my year in the retail industry, and that usually makes me realize how utterly awesome office careers really are.

The only thing I wish would change is all the PC, can't-say-boo-to-a-goose, skirting around the real issue for fear of offending someone crap. That is truly the down side of office work.
  • Turtlehurdle
    Turtlehurdle Posts: 412
    Options
    People who make loud noises when they eat, like slurping noises. Also, people who lick their fingers... ew
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Every time I get office fever I remember my years back in the print factories, and then my year in the retail industry, and that usually makes me realize how utterly awesome office careers really are.

The only thing I wish would change is all the PC, can't-say-boo-to-a-goose, skirting around the real issue for fear of offending someone crap. That is truly the down side of office work.

lol, my office definitely does not have that problem. Almost anything goes type of environment.

But yep, offices seem awful until you remember how truly terrible working retail or manual labor was.
  • NewFitKeri
    NewFitKeri Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I adore this! And YES I experience them everyday. The worst is I have this kid who sits beside me who blows his nose(when nothing is coming out) and it makes this loud blow horn noise. Then, he like snorts. He also belches, eats potatoe chips and pop obnoxiously and then tries to lecture me on fitness and nutrition. It disgusts me so much!!!
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    When you're at the copier, please do not lick your fingers as you sort through the papers and then turn around and hand me mine.
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    The frigid temps. it's summer not hell turn that ish down
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    i can handle most of the annoyances of office life but i can't stand catty old women that have nothing better to do than talk ****. but then again, i guess you'll find this just about anywhere. haha.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    When you're at the copier, please do not lick your fingers as you sort through the papers and then turn around and hand me mine.

that's so gross.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

nooo. Every office i've been in is a million degrees because every girl complains that it's too cold. Maybe if they quit wearing sleeveless shirts and mini skirts and wore suits like the rest of us, they'd understand.
  • red1123
    red1123 Posts: 20 Member
    Options

I'm actually running a heater at my desk right now because our office is so freezing cold. It's ridiculous!
  • CallieM15
    CallieM15 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    3) why are you sitting at your desk in a cubical space with 15 people in ear shot on speaker phone? pick up the receiver, I don't want to hear your phone call.

I have a coworker who does this... But ALWAYS has an operator or automated machine on speaker.. .I dont even like listening to those when I have to... Let alone when someone else has to.
  • DaGsGirl
    DaGsGirl Posts: 194
    Options
    My favorite is when someone just COMES right in your office and then proceeds to come AROUND your desk to talk to you, just HAPPENING to glance at your computer screen. Yeah, its TOTALLY your business...COME ON OVER! :mad:
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

nooo. Every office i've been in is a million degrees because every girl complains that it's too cold. Maybe if they quit wearing sleeveless shirts and mini skirts and wore suits like the rest of us, they'd understand.

This right here.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

It's 100 outside.
    But inside it's so cold I have a jacket over my legs(I'm wearing pants) a heavy sweater on.
  • KatieRuns1983
    KatieRuns1983 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people grab someone else's stuff off the printer then walk around asking everyone if it's theres. They know they printed something, they will come for it soon.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    What I hate the most about working in my building is that there are NO WINDOWS!!!

If it starts to snow, I wont have a clue. If its 70 degrees and sunny and birds are singing, I wont know.

It makes me sad.
  • alfpalmer
    alfpalmer Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    you mean besides the 8,000 peeps that also work here?
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Oh, yes, the "lick the paper" thing makes me mental.

As well as the "change the settings on the copier, and DON'T change them back to normal".

I've done office work for my whole career (37 years, baby), and have seen it all..............the speaker-phone o'phobes, the LOUD country music a-holics, the whisperers (I'd rather have the LOUD ones than the whisperers.......oooo, who you talkin' 'bout now??), the pigs who never wash their dishes in the sink, the lazies who never ever clean the fridge (and most of the gooey stuff is theirs), the nosey-posey ones who can't keep a THING to themselves.............the list goes on and on!

AND i work in a non-air-conditioned office..............you can imagine how much fun THAT is when the temps are in the 90's and the humidity is in the 100% range. So, count your blessings if you have air - at least, you can put on a sweater! I can't strip nekkid here............................ :blushing: :blushing: