At work snacks

Options
I am a restaurant server and have access to all kinds of bad foods throughout my shift. Unfortunately, the pastry chef is also one of my best friends. I am looking for some quick, easy to eat snacks that are 200 cal or less to eat halfway through my shift so I'm not starving and tempted to eat junk by the end of the night. I do eat a significant meal after the shift is over. Thanks!

Replies

• Dhemeyer
    Dhemeyer Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    My fav's are plain greek yogurt with a bit of fruit mixed in, apple with peanut butter or a glass of Shakeology
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Wedge of Laughing Cow cheese with Thomas Bagel Thins. I think it's around a 140 cal for all of it.

I also love boiled egg whites with Townhouse crackers - usually fills me up for a while.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    fruit, cheese, pretzels, 100 calorie snack packs, yogurt, rice cakes, granola
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Today I brought with me for snacks:
    Deviled egg (67-90cal)
    Carrots and hummus (100 cal)
    Dark chocolate flavored almonds from Blue Diamond (160 cal)
    Mini Babybel Gouda cheese (80 cal)

Other things I've brought in the past include an apple (although this tends to make me more hungry within an hour), beef jerkey (80 cal/serving), and protein/granola bars.
  • jilliew
    jilliew Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    If you make sure your snacks are at least 10g of protein, that should hold you til the next meal. My day usually consists of a couple of cheese strings in the morning (120 cal, 12g prot), and some fruit and some tuna or salmon and crackers (those kits are 170-200g cal, and 15-20g protein) in the afternoon. Cottage cheese, yogurt, two turkey pepperoni sticks, or a couple of boiled eggs are also good. And don't shun the protein bars. I love the Herbalife ones, but the Special K ones are also really good if you're craving something sweet AND filling.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Fruits, 100 Calorie Snack Bags, Veggies with Low Fat Ranch Dip.
  • sweetmelissa222
    sweetmelissa222 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I love bringing little containers of fresh fruit and I also do baggies of peanut butter and chocolate cheerios (I usually do half of a serving which is right about 57 calories). I've been on a chocolate rice cake kick lately. I'm in love with Special K 90 calorie bars. When I am at work it is really easy for me to bring things that need to be refrigerated like veggies and fruit, but at school I have to grab things that can survive in my bag so lots of bars and cereal which are really easy on the go.
  • ladykate7
    ladykate7 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    6 Triscuts & 1/2 cup cottage cheese

6 Triscuts & 2 Tbls peanut butter

1 cup Dannon Light&Fit vanilla (not a plug- just what I personally eat, don't like how greek yogurt tastes)

Whey protein shake

String cheese
  • katrwal
    katrwal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    my new favorite - Blue Diamond Mint Dark Chocolate Almonds - 1 oz (28g) serving - about 24 nuts - 160 cal, 13g fat, 5g protein, 4g sugar - taste like Thin Mint girl scout cookies...
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    My favorite is veggies with cottage cheese mixed with some ranch dry mix .
  • jkandktmom
    jkandktmom Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    my new favorite - Blue Diamond Mint Dark Chocolate Almonds - 1 oz (28g) serving - about 24 nuts - 160 cal, 13g fat, 5g protein, 4g sugar - taste like Thin Mint girl scout cookies...

I like the Blue Diamond Butter Toffe flavored almonds- although bringing the whole bag to work is dangerous. I also like the 90 calorie Fiber One Chocolate and Peanut butter bars. And, I always bring an apple and peanut putter.