Do You Count Your Crystal Light As Water?

Options
I don't know if it counts lol:drinker:

Replies

• RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't. I think it would be the same as counting coffee as water, which i don't do.

But other people might think elsewise.
  • emilyjacebeau3
    emilyjacebeau3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would think it does count as water...I drink a ton of it and it keeps me hydrated. But I don't count my coffee.

Go200216.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chartod question!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I dont but I think some people do. I only count water as water. If I drink unsweet tea or coffee or diet soda w/ no sodium, I just add that to my diary, but not to my water intake.

I'm a lot of help, eh? :flowerforyou:
  • freeatlast20
    freeatlast20 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I count the crystal light as water..i just dont count the crystal light packets. I do add my coffee in the morning under breakfast...but I use creamer. Which I just cant give up. :-( so I have to account for the calories.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    i think it is considered your water...cause in the commercial it says like something about your water being too dull? well color it up with crystal light....or something to that affect....and another commercial says something like "having a hard time drinking all 64 ounces of water? well add crystal light to help you?"
  • Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    You don't count coffee as water because of the caffine. WW says that you can count it as one of your glasses of water a day:smile:
  • kokonutmama
    Options
    I've heard it's a diarutic (ie, it makes you pee more) so I would think it'd count for less than water...
  • Chris0971
    Options
    I do note the cystal light in the food note location... only because there is 5 calories per packet. So I make the note on there to accurately count the calories.
  • amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I drink the Walmart Sugar Free drinks which is kinda like Crystal Light. I count those as my water intake since there are no calories, caffiene or anything like that in it.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    If I drank 85 oz of crystal light all day, then had to add another 85 oz of straight up water, I'd wind up in a hospital. So I count my crystal light as water. I've lost 33 lbs, so I don't think I've done anything inherently WRONG by using crystal light.
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Yep, count them. There are only 5 calories in a serving but it does have sodium so if your watching all of your numbers it would be wise to add this one.

Has anyone noticed how thirsty the stuff makes you? It drives me nuts!!!!!
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    i should but i dont it has carbs in its a good think to think about that everything you put in your mouth has calories even water has a trace of a calorie
  • laurajoyk
    Options
    Anything you put in your body like gatorade, juice, crystal light, sobe, tea, whatever...counts as water. I'm a cna and in the hospital I worked at you log their fluid intake and even coffee counted as water that they drank for the day. If a nurse/doctor counts it as hydrating an old/sick person, its logged as water!!! LOL

Coffee only dehydrates you if you drink a lot of it. I think its if you drink more than 24oz or 20oz then it starts to dehydrate you due to the amount of caffeine.

If your crystal light or whatever has a lot of sodium it will make you feel a little thirsty if you drink too much of it also, so if you drink tons like 32oz or more a day then drink water the rest of the time to even out the sodium intake.
  • malibootie
    malibootie Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I do both- I note the calories in the food section, but I also count it as a glass of water. Yes, kind of doubling up, but I don't want to overlook the calories- much like if I just added pure sugar to water. It would still be water, but I would count the sugar.
  • 2kaizen
    Options
    Are you kidding ... I count my coffee as water!!! :laugh:

YES ... you can count your crystal light as water. And yes ... capture the calories too!
  • freeatlast20
    Options
    yea but it tastes so good. I try to alternate one bottle of water i will have the crystal light the next one or two i will do it without it...helps some...:smile:
  • ctmom1
    ctmom1 Posts: 189
    Options
    No, it is like caffeine free diet soda. Has too much artificial stuff in it to count as water...

Mary
  • freeatlast20
    Options
    hey has anyone else noticed that drinking crystal light gives them a headache or am I just weird?
    I had a headache on several days and couldn't figure out why, till I looked at the ingredients in it...and low and behold its got aspartame in it...But I cant drink a lot of diet drinks for the same reason...just curious if anyone else has this problem...:drinker:
  • kokonutmama
    Options
    not weird, I get a headache from it too. just makes me feel icky in general. (I do, however, indulge in diet soda, so don't let me get all holy than thou on you all :wink: )
  • mybabiesrock
    Options
    My husband(150lbs 6ft1in) eats koolaid powder out of the container. So I look at it this way. If I was drinking the water and eating the Crystal light out of the packet then I would still be gitting my 8 oz of water and writing my crystal light down as food in take. So yes I would count it as water. But still add it to your cals. Also just a heads up. in the US if something has less than 5 cals then they dont have to state it. So the 0 cal crystal light may have 4.9 cals.:tongue: