Need more will power and motivation buddies

Options
Marlietta
Marlietta Posts: 13 Member
Hello all,

My name is Marlietta. I am 36 and my guy and I are both trying out My Fitness Pal for the first time.

I have previously tried WW, had some success, but got upset when they changed the billing process and decided I didn't want to pay someone to help me track when I knew what I SHOULD do, it was really finding the self-discipline to do it consistently.

I also couldn't get him to join WW because he felt like it wasn't for guys.

So I like the tracking aspect MFP offers and I honestly feel like it's even better than what I used before. I downloaded it several days ago, but really started tracking yesterday.

I am mainly looking for some friends to help keep me motivated and on track. I tend to lose focus. I am 5'7" and about 230lbs. I would like to get down to 160, but I think I would be happy at 180 as well. I guess we'll see how it goes.

For now, exercise consists of walking on trails at the local parks near me and we are probably going to renew our gym membership later this week.

Replies

• SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    Hey Marlietta! Welcome aboard :wink:
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    welcome !!
  • rosaza
    rosaza Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I'm also 5'7 started out at 223 and lost 19 pounds so far and my goal is to get at 160 but 180 is ok too. My exercise was also walking and now jogging a mile non stop! YOU can definitely get there!!!
  • brandivestal
    brandivestal Posts: 2,637 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am active and try to motivate and encourage all of my friends!
  • violetsue
    violetsue Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Welcome. This is a great site. I log on a couple of times a day and it really keeps me focused. When I see my calories, it motivates me to work out so I can enjoy a little extra food in the evening or make up for a little extra I had during the day. I use the ap on my phone a lot and love the weekly tallies. Consistancy is hard, but the more you keep at it, the more routine it becomes. Go slow and soon you will have a lot more energy and feel good about your results. It really helps too that you and your guy are doing it together. You are really lucky.
  • brightsidexoxo
    Options
    Hey i just joined to ,
    iv ebeen struggling with my weight fo a really long time. Even thogh im younger.
    i really want toget healthy. so im here for you if you need motivation :)
  • sammiliegh
    sammiliegh Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Heyy girl! Welcome!! I joined this like three weeks ago and so far I love it!! I'm 5'4'' and at 245 lbs...I would like to get to 160! Feel free to add me!! I need as much motivation and support as possible!! :)
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP.. Feel free to add me. My husband is also on here.
  • LadyAshes
    LadyAshes Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm 5'7 as well and always looking for new friends to motivate and for motivation. Feel free to add me
  • cadynappi
    cadynappi Posts: 63
    Options
    Welcome! I love this site. It has really helped me understand portion control. Feel free to add me toyour friend list.
  • jadamuriel76
    jadamuriel76 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You will find cool tools here and lots of friends to keep you motivated! Good Luck!:smile:
  • vbrent07
    vbrent07 Posts: 115
    Options
    Hi! You can add me if you like, I could use the encouragement and I will give it back as well! I walk mostly for exercise also.
  • tryinghard71
    tryinghard71 Posts: 593
    Options
    Welcome!!!
  • kikiriedle
    kikiriedle Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Im 5'7 and i have 118 pounds left to reach my goal weight of 180 pounds. Anyone that would like to add me as a friend please feel free to do so.