Breakfast at Work

Options

Replies

• hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I blend up a fruit smoothie at home and carry that to work with two hard boiled eggs for my breakfast. It's really yummy and the whole meal is only 398 calories.
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I usually eat egg whites at home... 3 or 4 is great and filling and low in calorie.
    I also make a protein shake for work. scoop of protien, water or milk and a banana. Its great way to fill up and it wont stink the office up. plus its VERY easy to have at work or in the car.
  • ShannonGo
    ShannonGo Posts: 60
    Options
    I'm not a fan of eggs, so my breakfasts are usually whey protein, fruit and almonds OR 6oz plain greek yogurt + 6oz fruit juice sweetened yogurt (under 16 grams of sugar) mixed together and almonds.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Depending on how low you need the carbs, refrigerator oatmeal with peanut butter might work. I carry a jar of it in my bike pannier on my 14 mile bike ride to work. When I get to work, open lid, insert spoon, stuff face, rinse out jar. It's a reasonably balanced meal (good amounts of proteins, not as carb-heavy as cereal), but if you're looking for Atkins-style "low carb" this may not be for you.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I usually eat pretty low carb. I always eat breakfast at work because I can't stand to eat for the first hour or so after I wake up. My breakfasts consist of any combination of the following:

hard boiled egg(s)
    string cheese
    fresh berries
    Greek yogurt with frozen (bought fresh) berries and Splenda
    microwaved turkey bacon

When I'm really pressed for time or have a meeting first thing in the morning, I'll have an Atkins meal bar. The peanut butter granola is my favorite.
  • Allison714
    Allison714 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    saving this one for later! :)
  • MrsRando
    MrsRando Posts: 155 Member
    Options

this is really great! i am going to make these this week - thank you!!

You're welcome!
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I bring in hard boiled eggs, cottage cheese, or egg scramble that I can just heat up in the microwave.
  • CaptainHandsome
    CaptainHandsome Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    i always buy my breakfast and lunch for the entire week (or two weeks) for work. my breakfast usually consists of a kashi granola bar, a banana, a cup of cottage cheese, a dannon light & fit yogurt and black coffee. other days it might be a couple slices of arnold whole wheat flax&fiber toast with laughing cow light swiss spread instead of the granola bar or cottage cheese. sometimes it might be all of those things spread out over a couple hours.
  • cyndispot
    cyndispot Posts: 135
    Options
    bumping
  • starkid120
    starkid120 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    2 hard-boiled eggs and 3 slices of bacon. 275 calories, 20g fat, 22g protein, and 1 CARB!!! ;9
  • kappyd
    kappyd Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    nice
  • Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I often bring this breakfast with me to the office: Two hard-boiled eggs (I boil about 8-10 at a time, once a week), one whole avocado, and a 1/4 cup of salsa. Once I'm at work, I peel and dice the eggs, dice the avocado and mix it all together with the salsa. Very tasty and filling!
  • erink210
    erink210 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    For high protien breakfast I do cottage cheese and fruit or premake scrambled eggs (1 egg 2 whites) with whatever add ins (i usually do peppers, mushrooms) then just microwave at work. I work in a tiny office and no has ever complained about smell!
  • SenshiV
    SenshiV Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I didn't know what an egg mug was I tought it was kitchenware lol.

So investigating, found this: http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1499

Hope you find some tasty ones ^^.
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    My quickie at work breakfast is canned pineapple chunks (140 cals) and 1 pouch of 100 calorie package cinnamon almonds. i eat the pineapple chunks first, let the food settle and then eat the almonds about 1 hour later. It keeps me full until lunch and the whole breakfast is 240 calories and still paleo friendly. Plus its quick and i can grab it while i run out the door late in the morning.
  • peggymarie100
    Options
    I just saw a post on Pinterest concerning frozen homemade breakfast burritos. I know there are carbs in them, but they looked easy enough (and yummy!). Just a thought...
  • Elo99
    Elo99 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I do egg white "omelets" in muffin tins on Sunday nights. Little spray of Pam in each tin and add egg whites (or whole eggs) and whatever veggies, diced ham, cheese, whatever and bake at 325 for about 25 minutes. Let them cool, place in zip-locks and grab and go all week.

I do this every Sunday for myself and the hubby! We change up the add ins every week so we don't get tired of having the same thing.
  • froggy15
    froggy15 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I was going to suggest microwaved eggs which I'm assuming is the same thing as what you mentioned (eggwhite mugs).

I spray a mug with no-cal cooking spray such as pam, crisco, etc then crack an egg into it (or you can use egg beaters/whites). Add any extras you want, I usually do bell peppers, pinch of salt, chilli powder for a kick and a bit of shredded cheddar. I microwave for 30 sec, check on it and do another 15 sec or so while checking on it.

Great, quick breakfast and a lot of times I make an egg mcmuffin by adding it to an english muffin or put it in a wrap.

Totally trying this tomorrow morning!! Thanks for the idea :-D