Starting Over

Options
Been off the grid for 9 months and gained back half of what I had lost....time to start over. Tired of being tired - need to get back in the groove and amp up the energy! Any advice for jump starting the energy level would be greatly appreciated!!!

Replies

• jmcross1980
    Options
    Working out and eating healthy is the best way to increase your energy levels. Not easy to push through your day to day activities when you feel sluggish. On another note, if it was easy everyone would be in shape.

Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm always looking to have friends in my circle to motivate each other.
  • carlynn13
    carlynn13 Posts: 281
    Options
    I know for me, sugar is a definite energy killer. Also, make sure to drink lots of water. Feel free to add me for support, and good luck to you!
  • HAPage24
    HAPage24 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I agree with jmcross. I would definitely begin by focusing on your diet. Make this a lifestyle change, start eating foods to fuel you though the day. Stay away from processed foods and sugars and eat more fresh vegetables, fruits and lean meats. This in turn will give you more energy and fuel you through your workouts.
  • Jeffbri
    Jeffbri Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day back also. Looks like we are in the same boat. I plan my meals ahead of time and pack my lunch. My once every two week gym dates are now daily. (1/2 hour at lunch and 4 times a week for weights)

Be kind to yourself...it is a journey.
  • alyosn
    alyosn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Welcome back, I'm new here, less than one week.

I agree with what others have said, drink lots of water, get a good nights sleep, ease back into the exercise plan.

Don't worry about what happened before, just concentrate on what happens next.

Please feel free to add me if you like

Good Luck

Kind Regards
    Aly
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    It's my second time here too. Good luck and always looking for more friends to add if anyone wants more support:)
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I started back again today as well!!!! Feel free to add me as well.

I was almost at my goal weight back in 2009, 3 lbs away and then i went back to school for 3 years and gained most of it back, it needs to go again!!
  • Losershawn
    Losershawn Posts: 152
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • ekburnet
    ekburnet Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. I'm starting over as well. I'll send you a friends request.