Can't stop eatng!

Options
I have lost 13 pounds so far in my weight loss efforts. But just this week, I have been eating so much and I can't stop. Am I purposely trying to sabotage myself? I don't know whats wrong with me. Has anyone else experienced something similar to this? I really don't want to gain back all the weight I've lost.

Replies

• saralind21
    saralind21 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have lost 13 pounds so far in my weight loss efforts. But just this week, I have been eating so much and I can't stop. Am I purposely trying to sabotage myself? I don't know whats wrong with me. Has anyone else experienced something similar to this? I really don't want to gain back all the weight I've lost.
  • LibethV
    Options
    So sorry if this is too personal, but I've been like that around my cycle before. Also if I'm dehydrated I feel like I should eat, but really it's water I need. Good luck, and don't beat yourself up! Congrats on the 13 pounds.
  • mystery7707
    mystery7707 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yes, I often feel that way. Sometimes it may be chalked up to stress or hormones, etc... but have you considered that it may be more than that? You might need to do some thinking about what's going on inside you, talk to a close friend, or someone you trust. You might find out some surprising things about yourself, I know I did. Also, do you feel anxious about weight loss? If you do, that might be something else to look at... I know I have some anxiety with weight loss, and that can result in self sabotage. Hope that you get it sorted out, and congrats on the excellent progress.
  • jennygabe
    Options
    We all have ravenous moments and it is at those times that the priority should be what you eat. Non-stop eating of fruits, nuts and veggies is not such a bad thing. I used to sabotage myself at those ravenous times by putting all the wrong things in my mouth.... ie. pastries, cookies, breads. "Hi, I'm Jen and I'm a carbaholic:ohwell: . "Keep fighting the good fight:wink: .
  • bluestime
    Options
    it's OK to slide back for a day but just make sure it doesn't happen 2-3 days in a row. Do things like working out that will get your mind off food. You can do it because Jimi says you can!
  • Eliyan
    Eliyan Posts: 115
    Options
    I've been feeling exactly the same way the last couple nights when I get home from work.

I think it's a mental thing for me; I think it's because I don't get home from work until 9 pm, and by then I still have to work out after that, so I've had no free time, and no time to relax. So when I get home, I just want to eat, so I can really enjoy what little free time I have.

Because food relaxes me, y'know?

You should try to pay attention to when you feel like that the worst, and what you're thinking at the time, to try and make a connection, if you can.

Hope that helps?
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing sometimes and I do think that I am for some reason trying to sabotage myself. I think I may try putting away the scale for a while. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Right now I am keeping lots of healthier food on hand for times that I feel like this. So in the long run I don't do too much damage if I keep this frame of mind to a minimal amount of time. I think I am going to research my behavior and see if there are techniques to deal better.
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    This is the reality, when it seems like nothing works, you just have to NOT EAT. When I feel like I want to eat but don't need to, I have warm soup, it's low in calories and soothing. When nothing works for me and I just feel like I need more and more and more, I go to bed, tomorrow will be different and I'm not eating if I'm sleeping.
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I looked this up a bit last night and this is what I learned. Sometimes our sub-concious helps sabotage us. It has been suggested that you write down all of the reasons you want to lose weight or keep it off and post it in your bathroom your fridge and your bedroom so it is the first thing you see in the morning. This is supposed to help your real reasons overpower the ones your sub-conscous came up with so last night I wrote these all out and a 45 day calendar with all my daily goals and posted it in my bathroom. Good luck. -Heather-