Can't lose... I need help

Options
2»

Replies

• carabcox
    carabcox Posts: 4
    Options
    ps, love all the other advice on here too....like getting sleep. Also, I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but GREEN tea is really great for speeding up metabolism.
  • trulycrazed
    trulycrazed Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    If you drink coffee or use artificial sweeteners, both could possibly been harming your weight loss. For many bother are fine, for a very few, coffee and some sweeteners can screw with their hormones and actually cause gain weight and water retention.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I see you just joined MFP this month. What were you tracking before joining? What exactly was the plan you were doing? How many calories? Any exercise?
  • adswillis27
    adswillis27 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I just plugged your numbers into freedieting.com and it says you should consume 2200 calories for moderate fat loss. I'm not sure if MFP is saying 1800 or how you got to that number. If you are tracking things very strictly then maybe try adding 100-200 calories to your daily intake. Or as another member suggested, read the eat more to the lose weight topic to help you better understand the process. Regardless if you have been doing the same thing for a year with no progress, then you need to change something. You have to decide what that something is and give it time to see if it works.
  • free2live72003
    Options
    Only breakfast on diary so far so it is hard to tell what might be a problem.

But, I would suggest getting a large amount of protein each meal and snack.

Your breakfast was only carbs and fat this morning.

Might help!

Good luck!
  • lmc8774
    lmc8774 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    First off, sorry that you aren't seeing results when you have been trying. But don't give up. Keep trying different things. It might take awhile for you to figure it out, but I think you eventually will.

I did want to comment on the thyroid issue. I would find out what was checked (most likely your TSH) and see what your numbers were. There is some debate on what actually constitutes hypothyroidism. You may be on the high level of normal and have low grade hypo that you doctor isn't treating because you are in the "normal" range but for you is still too high. I wouldn't give up on that yet.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Check out the Eat More To Weigh Less board - a lot of people have found that upping their calories works when they are stalled.

This!! At least check out the stickies in the group and the videos to see if this is an option for you...A lot of times we are eating too few calories and that can backfire...It did in my case that is for sure...Here is the link in case you just want to take a look:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3817-eat-more-to-weigh-less

Also, I ran your numbers on the scooby site: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

BMR: 2025 (you should NEVER eat below this amount.

Lt Exercise (1-3hrs/wk)
    TDEE: 2785
    CUT of 20%: 2228 ( this is how much you should be eating to lose weight and this includes exercise)

Just wanted to let you know... :)

Best of luck to you no matter what you decide to do!! :flowerforyou:
  • RuthieCass
    RuthieCass Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    My thought is that you were probably underestimating what you were eating and overestimating what you burned. There's no way that I believe that your TDEE (calories to maintain) is 1800, especially at 275 lbs with no thyroid condition. If you were not regularly logging, you could've easily forgot what you ate. Get a food scale and start weighing and militantly tracking your calories. If you must eat out, either eat 3/4 of the meal and log the entire portion or eat the whole thing and log 1 1/4 of the portion. Weigh everything you eat, don't eat out, don't take a bite of food without logging it. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but it's going to be hard for you to lose if you can't be honest with yourself. Logging everything on MFP will give you a clear picture of where you're going wrong, but it only works if you're honest.

ETA: If you are on a plan where you "eat back exercise calories," eat no more than 3/4 of them back. MFP estimates tend to be exaggerations.
  • lrkidd
    lrkidd Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Please please please have your sugar rechecked. I have the same issues and am Insulin Resistant. I do not have P.C.O.S like most women who deal with this issue but I do have problems absorbing sugar and it can be maddening! I can be on track eat everything right and exercise daily and not lose one pound. I get so frustrated that I binge on everything I know is bad for me and end up gaining back the 3 pounds I do manage to lose over a 2 week period in 1 day.

Bottom line is for women like us carbs are bad....Not forever just until we can reverse the damage that we have already done to ourselves. My doctor has put me on a strict low carb diet and as long as I follow it i lose weight. I looked at your breakfast and see that you had grapes and toast, which in most cases would not be all bad but in an case of prediabeties, can be a HUGE deal breaker.

Try cutting back on the carbs...forgo the grapes and bread and have 2 eggs and 2 slices of turkey bacon. Try limiting your total net carbs to around 30 a day for 2 weeks and see what happens.

Hope this helps!:flowerforyou:
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Your diary is empty - exept for breakfast today....Not sure where you have been tracking, but can't seem to find anything om mfp