Need the support im not finding with my family...

Options
So. I'm 20 years old, and I've been on a bumpy weight loss ride. my highest was 178, my lowest was 148, and im currently 156-160.
My major issue is my mothers remarks...if i eat something she doesnt agree with, she'll start pointing out how my clothes are fitting and how small I used to be, and how im 'lazy' now....and she says it's to help me, but shes not seeing the effects it has on me.
I'm still currently struggling with an eating disorder as well, which she has no clue about, so it's been taking it's toll lately.

So, Fitness Pal people..anyone out there willing to be my buddy and motivational partner?

Replies

• Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'll do what I can to help you. :flowerforyou:
  • daninicoleshreck
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Bump.....c'mon people, someone needs our support. :smile:
  • LHudson53
    LHudson53 Posts: 126
    Options
    Although I'm not in your age group, I would be happy to be your friend...I'm on here every day, and it has been really, really good for me!!!!
  • Sheila_Ann
    Sheila_Ann Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place! Please feel free to add me!

We've got your back!

Sheila :flowerforyou:
  • schula10
    schula10 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm similar to your situation. I'm 24 - highest at 186 lowest at 134. Curently at 172 and looking to get to 140. I'm on everyday and would love to have another friend!!
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Just sent a request.
  • lramos105
    lramos105 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count me in too, I know what its like to never hear the end of the snide remarks. Family sometimes make it worse, even though they are trying to mean well. But we can do this!!
  • ksun10
    ksun10 Posts: 76
    Options
    Im 20 and my mom is the same way as well. They have good intentions but dont realize how hurtful their comments really are. Ive been battling with my weight my whole life. I gained 50 pounds in 6 months after my doctor put me on neurontin. Still working on losing all of that. Feel free to add me.
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Sure, feel free to friend me. 5'5" looking to lose 25 lbs from my top weight of 155.
  • Bufite
    Bufite Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My mum wrote me a letter last year tell me that she couldn't stand to look at photos of me next to my friends because I'm so fat.

feel free to add me! :flowerforyou:
  • kitigonkukoo
    kitigonkukoo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to! We're all in this together!
  • michellelynne474
    michellelynne474 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am not in you age group or in your weight group... but I totally get it on the family not supporting you (my fam is all supportive of my sister and brother who both had gastric bypass, but totally ignore the hard work I am doing to lose it the hard and right way)!! Feel free to add me!!
  • jacque930
    jacque930 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I hear you on the mother comments. Sounds like your's is way more severe than what my mom has said, but it does get old. continued criticism no matter how hard you try or one small slip up is noticed but the good things are never noticed.

Fee free to add me as a friend!
  • faefaith
    faefaith Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Friend me up sister!
  • Iron_Maiden
    Iron_Maiden Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    So. I'm 20 years old, and I've been on a bumpy weight loss ride. my highest was 178, my lowest was 148, and im currently 156-160.
    My major issue is my mothers remarks...if i eat something she doesnt agree with, she'll start pointing out how my clothes are fitting and how small I used to be, and how im 'lazy' now....and she says it's to help me, but shes not seeing the effects it has on me.
    I'm still currently struggling with an eating disorder as well, which she has no clue about, so it's been taking it's toll lately.

So, Fitness Pal people..anyone out there willing to be my buddy and motivational partner?

Add me!! I'm imperfect and struggle on my own with weight but I'm a great mom (of a teen) and a great supporter! YOU ARE NOT ALONE AND YOU ARE SO WORTHY OF THE LIFE OF YOUR DREAMS!!!
  • TXGirl821
    TXGirl821 Posts: 115
    Options
    When I was around your age, I was battling bulimia big time. No one knew, and all the "You're lazy, you're gaining too much weight, you don't do anything" remarks that my mom would make back then were so hurtful. I know NOW that her problem wasn't really with me as much as her problem was with herself. Of course, moving out helped a lot and we're closer than ever now, but it is very hurtful when you're going through it.

I'm not in your age group, and I have a lottttt more weight to lose than you do, but if you'd like to add me, I'm happy to help support you!! Good luck!! <3
  • myohana4
    myohana4 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that you aren't getting the support from home that you were hoping to get. I remember when I was in high school and really trying to lose weight, my sister was the toughest one on me. She would tell me that it wouldn't matter because I would gain it all back anyways. And was always telling me how fat I was or comment on what I was eating.

20 years later, what I have learned is that she was just taking out her own insecurities on me. There has to be a point in everyone's life when we shut out the negativity and focus on ourselves and do what we need to do. MFP is a wonderful community of very supportive people. Many are going through the exact same thing as you. You took a wonderful first step coming here. I know that you can do this!

But if you are feeling like you are struggling with keeping your disorder under control, you might want to reach out to someone more qualified to be able to help you.

I will totally support you in this journey!
  • fitliz22
    fitliz22 Posts: 1
    Options
    Sounds just like my mom! I'm struggling with getting rid of the last of my eating disordered habits and could always use some extra support... feel free to add me!
  • Iron_Maiden
    Iron_Maiden Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    My mum wrote me a letter last year tell me that she couldn't stand to look at photos of me next to my friends because I'm so fat.

feel free to add me! :flowerforyou:

Oh sweetie - NO ONE deserves that! (maybe your mom is battling some things on her own?) Please feel free to add me!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: