27 /f/ 5'6" /200lbs/ 40 to lose/ hourglass

Options
Curvimami
Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
5'6" /200lbs/ 40 to lose/ hourglass . I noticed alot of ppl are aiming for 110s to 130s who are my height. and frankly anything below 155 is too small for my frame. Im busty and hippie. and I look sick when I hit the 150s (in my opinion). Feeling alone. Im only speaking about me and my frame. I know lots of ladies my height who look lovely and carry 130s and below very well. :happy: I dont however. .Most ppl aiming for higher numbers start higher than me I noticed and are also taller or a little older. Curious to find anyone else with similar stats and on a similar journey as I.

Replies

• determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    25/f/5'7"/204lbs/40 to lose

I'm looking for 170 first then I will see if 160 or 165 looks good. I was 155 as a teenager and VERY skinny.

If you'd like to send me a friend request, it would be nice to have people with similar goals :)
  • azalais7
    azalais7 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Sounds like me! I'm 5'6", aiming for 150. I like my curves, and I'm working on building muscle, too.
  • ededar
    ededar Posts: 36
    Options
    I'm 5"5' and aiming for 126, but I'm starting to think I'll just stop on the way to it when it looks about right. 153 was when I started and that did not make me look sick. Maybe it's just people's different shapes?
  • Scandinavia
    Scandinavia Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    We're nearly twins! 5'7/203/Hourglass/43 to lose.
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    I'm not your age, but I'm 5'6" and busty. I started at ALMOST 225. The reason I started this journey was cuz I was SOOOOOOO close to being 1/8 of a TON!!! I'm thinking about 160 pounds would be final good for me, so, no, you are not alone.
  • Curvimami
    Options
    :happy: Its so good to see that I am not the only one whose aiming for something above 130. :happy: so happy
  • crooks_RN
    crooks_RN Posts: 69
    Options
    Hey, we sound very similar. I am 30 y/o and 5'7. I weigh 195 now and am looking to get down to 150-160. I also have an hourglass figure and if I tried to be the size my bmi says I should, I would look I was on drugs! (Not to mention my hubby would be upset) :blushing: The smallest I have been as an adult is 187 and it didn't look bad! I honestly wouldnt mind that weight if I could tone up more!
  • Asenaith
    Asenaith Posts: 7
    Options
    I am 5'6'' and about 245. I am aiming for 180 first, and then MAYBE 165, but I am busty as well, and feel like anything below that doesn't look right for me. I have been told I'm supposed to be around 127 but I think that would be too thin for my frame. My goals may change as I go, but for now any weight loss is good :)
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I felt best around 140 ish but I want to go lower. I am losing weight a completely different way this time so I may be perfectly happy with 140-150.

We will see!

You do what makes YOU happy!
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 6", and started at 216. I'm currently right around 190 (keep fluctuating between 189 and 192) and on the way down. I have my goal set based on reaching a healthy BMI (read: not overweight or obese categories) as well as overall body fat percentage averages, near a goal weight of 140. I have no idea what I will look like when I reach that - so I will wait to see what I like.

If you are looking for friends, feel free to add me. :)
  • jhunt90
    jhunt90 Posts: 78
    Options
    Same height, also busty, hourglass shape, and aiming for 160, go us :)
  • babygotback560
    babygotback560 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    u can add me.. 5'6 194 i know what u mean.. i need to lose 40 pounds myself
  • Lkoblara
    Lkoblara Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm 31, 5'5 and aiming for 150. I'm the same as you, curvy (though sadly, not busty lol) and solidly built so anything under 150 would probably not be healthy for me. Even my Dr said not to go below 140.
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and when I started I was just over 200lbs. I'm down to 175 now but I'd be happy at 155-160lbs. I can't imagine being thinner/lighter than that because I think I'd look sickly. When I was a teenager I was around 125lbs and early 20's I was up to 145. I think working out has actually made me look better at this heavier weight than I did when I was thinner, just because I'm fit and feel healthy.
  • Curvimami
    Options
    I'm 5"5' and aiming for 126, but I'm starting to think I'll just stop on the way to it when it looks about right. 153 was when I started and that did not make me look sick. Maybe it's just people's different shapes?

Yes I am larger framed i guess. Broad shoulders, wide hips. I was 124 in the 9th grade, then 150 in the 10th which looked way better. But I was also a teenager, and my hips hadnt come in fully.lol. I know that everyone is shaped different, which is why I was hoping to find ppl with similar builds as me. I know other ppl my height who look lovely under 150, under 130 even. Just not me unfortunately
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    When I was heavier (basically my whole life from early teens on) I thought that I would look good, and "not too skinny" at 180. I was laughably wrong. I'm currently 160, and look nowhere near skinny. Even at a low weight of 135, I didn't look particularly skinny. Set whatever goal you want for now, but try to keep an open mind.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Well weights a personal issue and you know your body best. If you think you will look sickly and won't feel at your best at a smaller weight then focus on the weight you want to achieve. I'm 5'6 and currently 202, and I know for myself I look and feel best at 130.
  • Curvimami
    Options
    I'm not your age, but I'm 5'6" and busty. I started at ALMOST 225. The reason I started this journey was cuz I was SOOOOOOO close to being 1/8 of a TON!!! I'm thinking about 160 pounds would be final good for me, so, no, you are not alone.

My Heighest weight was 225. I was also pregnant with my son. But I still shouldnt have gained that much while i was preggers. Glad Im not alone :-D
  • jesss5885
    jesss5885 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I'm actually aiming higher -

i'm 27 / f / 5'7"/220 lbs / 50 to lose / hourglass

170 is very difficult for me to maintain, and anything less than that is too thin on my frame...
    Ihope i can reach my goal and maintain if possible, but I was very happy with how I looked at 180
  • aphillips8180
    aphillips8180 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm not busty but I'm definitely hippy! My first goal is 160. I'll keep going until I like how I look though. I've always been pretty chunky so I'm not sure what weight looks good on me. Feel free to add me! :)