Anxiety

Options
What are some things that you do to help with anxiety besides running and working out? Not including medication.

Replies

• MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Put a purring cat in your lap, yoga, reading, meditation, listen to soothing music.

Keep a journal where you can write down what is bothering you. I often find that if I write something down, I can let it go.
  • wwpecker
    wwpecker Posts: 13
    Options
    Walking, reading and thinking positive<<important.
  • angjindra
    angjindra Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I love the purring cat idea!
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Kava tea
  • jmoralesx5
    jmoralesx5 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Find out what calms you down and brings you healthy pleasure. My wife's voice calms me so if I'm in a situation that causes me anxiety sometimes I'll call her and she helps me. Prayer has been very helpful. I also find doing photography, gardening, playing with my kids or my dog are also helpful. For me exercising was good because I wanted to teach my body what "good" adrenaline actually felt like instead of the adrenaline you get from anxiety. Friend me if you want encouragement.
  • LHudson53
    LHudson53 Posts: 126
    Options
    Meditation, bubble bath, reading...
  • jennyb612
    jennyb612 Posts: 83
    Options
    One of the best ways I know to talk myself off of the "ledge" is to picture an object vividly in my mind. For example think about a strawberry and envision it's texture, the top leaves, the shape etc. Apparently our minds can't totally focus on two subjects at the same time, so forcing yourself to picture something in great detail can help. (Also try reciting the alphabet backwards... that takes focus for my brain!)

And - good luck - If you're suffering from anxiety / panic. Its a total pain in the *kitten*
  • frmeital
    frmeital Posts: 36
    Options
    There are many things that can help: Breathing techniques, herbal remedies, cognitive behavioral therapy and more. This is an article about 10 natural ways to overcome anxiety, I think it will help you:

http://www.natural-alternative-therapies.com/overcome-anxiety-and-panic/