Having a Hard time Deciding???

Options
Good evening MFP,Its me Shanta..not to long got off work...well tommorrow is the day Im going to get my HRM monitor when I get off work..I havent use one since I started here..Now that Im down to 35lbs I want to ge a little more precise with it especially working harder to burn more calories..Im online trying to decide with the PolarF4, F6 or Fll looking to spend tommorrow between $80-120$ bucks...ugh all of them seem to be pretty good..So MFP I need your votes and thats what I will go with please submit it now:laugh: :bigsmile: which one should I go for? HELP ME:wink:

Replies

• SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    F6 is awesome for me. I love it, but if you work out alone (not in a gym where other polar users could be) and you don't care about all the little extras like ownzone...etc. then you don't need it. F6 has the coded chest strap, which means even if you're right next to another polar user, it won't interfere with theirs, but with an F4 if you're next to another HRM user (not necessarily polar, any uncoded HRM), it could interfere, and you could get jumbled or wrong readings.

you can get an F6 for about 95 bucks on Ebay, brand spankin new, in the package and with a full warranty

check this out

http://tinyurl.com/lzvj7f
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar F6 and ever since I have had a HRM I've lost more weight each week than when I didn't have one. I spent $120 on mine and thats Canadian dollars, LOL.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I don't know the f4. The f6 and f11 are similar, except the f11 has a nice chest strap (more comfortable), and its got the ability to formulate exercise plans for you based on your current fitness level and goals. As far as I know, that's pretty much it.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    My wife has a Polar F4 and she really likes it.

I have a cheapie wristwatch type, and I really like mine too.
    (Like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/SIGMA-ONYX-CLASSIC-HEART-RATE-MONITOR-DIGITAL-WATCH-HRM_W0QQitemZ190335283233QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2c50ddf021&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 ).

I don't think you can go too wrong.

You look great BTW. :smile:
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    My wife has a Polar F4 and she really likes it.

I have a cheapie wristwatch type, and I really like mine too.
    (Like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/SIGMA-ONYX-CLASSIC-HEART-RATE-MONITOR-DIGITAL-WATCH-HRM_W0QQitemZ190335283233QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2c50ddf021&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 ).

I don't think you can go too wrong.

You look great BTW. :smile:

Thanks:flowerforyou: it looks like the F6 everyone always have something good about that one and Banks I usually workout alone I dont use gyms and the recreational center I use no ones ever their so hopefully it It shouldnt interefere:laugh:
  • Shanta1983
    Options
    F6 is awesome for me. I love it, but if you work out alone (not in a gym where other polar users could be) and you don't care about all the little extras like ownzone...etc. then you don't need it. F6 has the coded chest strap, which means even if you're right next to another polar user, it won't interfere with theirs, but with an F4 if you're next to another HRM user (not necessarily polar, any uncoded HRM), it could interfere, and you could get jumbled or wrong readings.

you can get an F6 for about 95 bucks on Ebay, brand spankin new, in the package and with a full warranty

check this out

Im have to check that link and the shipping for next day I ll see if its cost bout the same with shipping and handling then I just get it from the store Im excited I want to get it right then and there it was so much agony and anxiety weighting for my weight set with ups yesterday ugh:grumble: :laugh:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options

check this out

Im have to check that link and the shipping for next day I ll see if its cost bout the same with shipping and handling then I just get it from the store Im excited I want to get it right then and there it was so much agony and anxiety weighting for my weight set with ups yesterday ugh:grumble: :laugh:

it'll probably be invalid tomorrow, cuz it's ebay. But you can just do a query on Polar F6 on ebay and you should find tons of em. All for between 90 and 100 bucks mostly.
  • Shanta1983
    Options

check this out

Yep it already sold Im going to get the F6 it wons my votes it cost $109.00 I spent the extra 20 bucks Im excited I cant wait on the mail thanks BANKS for helping me choose and the others F6 it is:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou:

it'll probably be invalid tomorrow, cuz it's ebay. But you can just do a query on Polar F6 on ebay and you should find tons of em. All for between 90 and 100 bucks mostly.
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Do you enter your weight for the F6?
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I would probably vote for the F6. I have the F11, but it's only because I tend to go one technology step higher than what I need (just in case, you know) and I can't remember the details, but when I bought it a couple of years ago, it probably had one unique feature that I thought I would need.

As it turns out, I never use the programming stuff and have never bothered to upload the data. I do like the fact that it saves like 10 or 15 previous workouts' results--I actually wish it had more storage. But I don't use most of the F11 "exclusive" features--I think the F6 probably provides the best bang for the buck. The softstrap is nice, the coded transmitter is essential IMO.

I have a lot of problems w/my softstrap. Periodically it just starts shooting off random impulses which makes it impossible to get an accurate heart rate. The last time it happened, I sent it to a Polar service Center. They replaced the battery, but it didn't help. They said to thoroughly wash the whole thing and to really keep the strap tight. I have it to the point where it is practically drawing blood and I do wash it, but after a few months it is doing it again. Luckily I have a couple of old plastic chest straps that are still going strong and, while not as comfortable, seem more reliable.
  • Shanta1983
    Options

That's a good question ya know hmm well guys are you going to answer that one:smile::bigsmile:
  • twilight1542
    Options
    F6 :)

It has several features the F4 doesn't including OwnZone (tells you your cardio HR range), stores data & you can upload to Polar's website to track workouts, & a coded transmitter so no interference. I read about the F11 but didn't think the extras were worth it. As far as the chest strap goes, I read a lot complaints about the one that comes w/it so I ordered the nicer one....It's still in the box b/c I don't find the standard one to be at all uncomfortable.

Only buy from an "authorized polar dealer" or you'll end up with a useless warranty. I got mine from SportsAuthority.com & for an extra $10 or so I got an extended warranty.
  • angievill
    angievill Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have the F6 and I had to enter my weight. Which reminds me, I need to change my setting now and update my weight.
  • twilight1542
    Options

That's a good question ya know hmm well guys are you going to answer that one:smile::bigsmile:

Yes! You have to enter all your stats
  • Shanta1983
    Options

Yes! You have to enter all your stats

Thank you so kindly and thats all i needed f6 it is Im getting my F6 they specializie in their merchandise so Im going to get the warranty:bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • twilight1542
    Options
    I have the F6 and I had to enter my weight. Which reminds me, I need to change my setting now and update my weight.

*LOL* It never occurred to me to update my weight. Guess I should do that :p)
  • AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the F6 off of ebay. Excited to have something new to play with. I'm going to use the calories it calculates and put that directly into MFP instead of finding the exercise in the database