Up and Down Day

Options
Well, although today is only my second day with MFP, it's been a really good and bad day for me. I started yesterday, and reading the blogs and meeting new people has been GREAT!!! Tracking my own progress is something I really needed to get me going!!
I started off my first day so right, and maybe a little TOO right. :tongue: I had just the right amount of calories, and I worked my butt off, litterally, in my exersise. I felt so good after just one day of total motivation. Today, though I've eaten about 150 too many calories. I was so totally bummed about this, because after the hour and 15minute work out that I did yesterday, my body hurt so bad to allow me to do any serious work outs. :noway: So I didn't burn the cals i needed to make up for the extra I ate. So me, being as focused as I am, was totally bummed. I thought "for sure I've just gained a pound or two for this" So I stepped on the scale, nervously, But I guess all of my hard work yesterday payed off because I've lost my first pound!!!
YAY!!:bigsmile: it may seem small, but it's one very small step at a time to a healthy diet!!!
I totally vow to do everything right tomorrow. My cals wil be right and my abs and legs will be ready for round two... (just maybe not so intense this time, I've learned my lesson):laugh:

:flowerforyou: Good luck to all for tomorrow, and through out your weight loss journey!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Replies

• pinkk5727
    Options
    Well, although today is only my second day with MFP, it's been a really good and bad day for me. I started yesterday, and reading the blogs and meeting new people has been GREAT!!! Tracking my own progress is something I really needed to get me going!!
    I started off my first day so right, and maybe a little TOO right. :tongue: I had just the right amount of calories, and I worked my butt off, litterally, in my exersise. I felt so good after just one day of total motivation. Today, though I've eaten about 150 too many calories. I was so totally bummed about this, because after the hour and 15minute work out that I did yesterday, my body hurt so bad to allow me to do any serious work outs. :noway: So I didn't burn the cals i needed to make up for the extra I ate. So me, being as focused as I am, was totally bummed. I thought "for sure I've just gained a pound or two for this" So I stepped on the scale, nervously, But I guess all of my hard work yesterday payed off because I've lost my first pound!!!
    YAY!!:bigsmile: it may seem small, but it's one very small step at a time to a healthy diet!!!
    I totally vow to do everything right tomorrow. My cals wil be right and my abs and legs will be ready for round two... (just maybe not so intense this time, I've learned my lesson):laugh:

:flowerforyou: Good luck to all for tomorrow, and through out your weight loss journey!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    Once we start monitoring our daily efforts it's amazing how focused we become with our eating and exercise habits. :wink:

Whether you're sore or not you should repeat your routine from the day before or modify it some but at a slower pace to keep the muscles from seizing up and your body refusing to want to work out and your mind will enter the game and convince you it doesn't need to work out either.

Congrats on the 1st pound that's always the toughest to get off and then it builds motivation for the days that come. Believe me I know.

Good luck to you for the days that come:flowerforyou: