INSANITY calories for 220-250 lb. males

Options
aweigh2go
aweigh2go Posts: 164 Member
Question for the men that are doing (or have done) INSANITY...

1) How many calories are you eating (specify net or gross) and has that number allowed you to successfully lose weight?

2) Did you a) use the MFP calculation and eat back the calories based on what you burned during INSANITY or b) come up with a number from an online calculator and assume 5-6 days of hard exercise and plug that number into MFP and just eat that number?

Replies

• jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    My husband is doing Insanity and started at 230. His first 30 days are up sometime next week. HE doesn't track his calories but I've tracked them a couple of times. They range between 4,000-6,000. He's lost a couple of inches in his belly and about 5lbs. Must be nice to be a man :P.
  • MsTanya77
    MsTanya77 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    If you have the Insanity booklet it comes w/ a calculation formula you use to determine the number of calories you eat while doing the program. I know for me as a woman thats 5'4 weighing 190lbs, it told me to eat around 2800 cals a day because of the intensity of the program. So for you, prob 3500-4000 cals or so................
  • JulieisaC
    JulieisaC Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I started week one of Insanity durning my second week of Master Cleanse and was eating probably only 700 or so calories a day, up until the second week when I began "easing out" and starting a high raw, vegan diet still below 1,200 calories per day for the next few weeks. I started Insanity at about 166lbs, and found I lost only about a pound a week while on Master Cleanse/while easing out with a low calorie intake, probably due to metabolism drama lol. That was for the first three weeks. On week 4, I upped my calorie intake to around 1,200, added in a few sporadic jogs, and lost almost three pounds. I am now around 152, and have increased my calorie intake again this week to a mean of about 1,500, so we'll see at weigh in tomorrow what impact that has had.

I think that the Beach Body programs, being designed for "fit people" tends to over calculate caloric needs for those of us with extra padding to lose, so if I were you, I'd monitor my own progress and make dietary changes only weekly to see what impact it has, then adjust accordingly.

How has it been going for you?