College Sophomore ready to lose the Freshman 15 and more!

Options
ckay220
ckay220 Posts: 271 Member
Hi everyone,

I'm 18 years old and I'll be a sophomore this fall. I have never used the massage boards before, but I guess that's why I've never really lost as much weight as I should..(no real support)..But I'm really ready to start changing my body and getting a lot healthier! But, I'm welcome to add anyone with similar, or even different experiences! We all have the same goal!
=]

Replies

• brcampanella
    Options
    Im in the same boat, im also entering my sophomore year, last year I lost about 35 pounds but
    I cant stay on track, and I havent lost weight in a while! Its so hard staying motivated!!
  • xx3nessa3xx
    Options
    It gets worse as you grow older...I just graduated college and I probably gained 70 pounds through all the chinese take out and pizza. I'm getting into shape now. If you need support, I'm here! We'll lose the weight together.
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    I just wish I do not gain the freshman 15 this upcoming fall. I'm an emotional eater, so when ever I'm stressed from school work and other life obstacles I eat. I'll prepare myself ahead of time and buy guilt free healthy options or take up my stress by exercising. Good luck :)
  • melaninny
    melaninny Posts: 5
    Options
    Same here, except I'm going to be a senior. It wasn't as much the alcohol as the 24 hour Jersey diners (haha) that reeked havoc on my body. I'm looking at compiling an article for my school newspaper on losing / avoiding the Freshman 15 so if anyone has any tips please let me know :)
  • ckay220
    Options
    It really is hard, especially when your friends seem to be able to eat whatever they want and stay sedentary but not gain anything! We can do it! I'm really trying not to gain anymore.
  • wildcattennis07
    wildcattennis07 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i'm entering my third year of college and i have about 30 college pounds to lose and a little more from before college. i'm about 4 pounds down right now :) let's lose the weight together!! yay comraderie! add me as a friend and we can work together to keep each other focused and supported! :)
  • Hksalex
    Hksalex Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm in college too.. its definitely gonna be a tough road since your gonna be at school most of the week... the challenging part is when mid terms and finals come along...
  • ckay220
    Options
    It's definitely hard, but not impossible! I just think that motivation, support, and the right snacks can help out a lot..and wildcattennis, let's do this! I'd love to see what 30 pounds less looks like!
  • Hksalex
    Hksalex Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    i think the tough part is. eating at school.. especially when your in class and u know u have to eat. but then u cant carry all your meals with u lol
  • ckay220
    Options
    That is definitely the tough part...when I get back,I'm going to try to eat a lot more salads..less on soul food Wednesday lol and a lot less pizza and fries!
  • angTp21
    angTp21 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness definitely in the same boat. Looking to lose 50 pounds by HOPEFULLY end of December.

Add me everyone! :)
  • xoaria
    xoaria Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm in the same situation too! I started putting on weight during my senior year of high school though, and now it's just getting out of control! So trying to take hold of it before it gets crazy and while I'm still young. I have about 35 lbs to lose. :) I'd love to be friends to help encourage and support each other! I'll add you as a friend! :)

Also, anyone else here feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • charbear94
    charbear94 Posts: 43
    Options
    hi there! I am a senior in college and trying to keep off the freshmen 15, and maybe lose a little bit more. I have already reached my goals but I would love to add you as a friend and keep each other motivated! Ill send you an add :)
  • taytaylynn3
    taytaylynn3 Posts: 601
    Options
    Entering my 3rd year. I defiantly chubbed up a bit my freshman year. Down about 15 pounds since then and still continue to lose.