Tough Couple of Days!

Options
Been back on track for 9 days now... started out strong - been to the gym or exercised at home every day except today - yesterday and today I have been just plain drained! I don't know what has happened! Ihad so much energy the first 4 or 5 days! today I went over calories b/c of no exercise. I still logged everything but I don't want to lose my momentum - it is all down hill when that happens. I wanted to work out 7 days a week. feeling like a failure - then what do I want to do - EAT! GRRRR:explode:

Replies

• jillianarnould
    Options
    DON'T GIVE UP!! One day isn't going to kill you. Just get back on the saddle tomorrow!!! You can do it!!!
    Even God rested on the 7th day, so maybe you need a day of rest as well :)
  • futurefitgirl
    Options
    Plus! This day isn't over yet!!! Get some exercise and burn some of those cals you went over on. It will make you feel so much better and you will start tomorrow on a much better note. :heart:
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! Are you eating good healthy foods? Drinking water? Just make sure you are eating enough so you have energy, don't worry get back out there tomorrow! Good luck...

~Leash :heart:
  • Demetria
    Options
    Been back on track for 9 days now... started out strong - been to the gym or exercised at home every day except today - yesterday and today I have been just plain drained! I don't know what has happened! Ihad so much energy the first 4 or 5 days! today I went over calories b/c of no exercise. I still logged everything but I don't want to lose my momentum - it is all down hill when that happens. I wanted to work out 7 days a week. feeling like a failure - then what do I want to do - EAT! GRRRR:explode:

You may have overdone it. Listen to your body, if you feel drained, then rest. Just start back again as soon as you feel better. If you haven't been working out regularly and then you start going at it everyday, your body is just not used to it and it is letting you know. If working out every single day is better for you, don't do as long a workout or as hard so that you can ease into it. Make sure and drink enough, get plenty of sleep and eat nutrient dense foods. You can do it, one step back is okay, just start going forward as soon as you can. Don't feel it has to be All or Nothing.

Demetria
  • graciegal7402
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the thoughts... I have been pretty good with h2o and doing better with eating better foods. Sleep has been an issue all week. slept good last night for the first time since Sat. - going to head to bed soon - hopefully tomorrow will be better :yawn:
  • argburr
    Options
    I agree, you started out really strong and probably burned yourself out. It is really important to give your body that day of rest to regenerate worn out muscles. I always take Sundays off. It gives me that resting time and the little bit of extra energy it takes to keep going the next week. Your doing great! Keep it up!
  • Jaymie
    Jaymie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Be kind to your body, and yourself. Focus on the days that you were disciplined with your exercise and eating plan. Then allow yourself a break. If you keep pushing yourself too much and don't let yourself have rest days. It will be hard to stick to it, remember this is a lifestyle change. We have to take small steps at a time and one day at a time.

As long as you know the majority of the time you are eating well and exercising a little bump along the way won't set you back at all.

I just had a couple of weeks of poor eating and minimal exercise as I have been on holiday out of town (for my birthday celebration). I spent a lot of time feeling guilty about no exercise and lack of self control with my treats. But I figured hey Im not on holiday all the time!! Im going to enjoy myself. not go crazy on the eating but not mentally kicking myself. When Im back home Il just get back on track and start my exercise again.

I have been back home for a few days now and I know I have put on a bit of weight from indulging. But Im not even going to think about that. Im going to go back to my exercise routine and make sure Im eating well.

So give yourself the break that your body needs. Tomorrow is a new day - you can get back on track again!!

Don't give up!!! :flowerforyou:
  • SPQR4
    SPQR4 Posts: 11
    Options
    Take a few days to re-group and then go back to exercising. What happened to you was nature's way of saying you overdid it to begin. This is not a sprint ; it is a slow uphill grind but it is worth it in the end. Never surrender!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Keep at it girl and you can do it!! We all have our slow days and sometimes feel down about the whole process, but tomorrow is a new day!! :flowerforyou:
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    You'll get there! I have the same issues, I went to school for Culinary and I totally love food. It's hard to do the give and take, but once you start getting results it gets so much easier!
    :happy: