Pedometer Placement

Options
What's the place to keep a pedometer to get a close to accurate reading as possible?

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Either on your waistband or a pocket directly above the front of your leg. At least that's what they told us during our 10,000 step challenge at work.
  • BrightEyesx3
    BrightEyesx3 Posts: 335
    Options
    Either on your waistband or a pocket directly above the front of your leg. At least that's what they told us during our 10,000 step challenge at work.

That's why I'm using one! I'm aiming to take 10,000 steps a day, but I currently wear my pedometer in my bra so it doesn't fall but I don't think I'm getting an accurate reading when it's there
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    on your waist
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

That's why I'm using one! I'm aiming to take 10,000 steps a day, but I currently wear my pedometer in my bra so it doesn't fall but I don't think I'm getting an accurate reading when it's there

I agree, that probably won't work. They measure the impact of your foot so it needs to be on or over your foot/leg.
  • lloydy1960
    lloydy1960 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    putting it in your bra is probably counting how many times your boobs move... lol ...supposed to be on your waistband as its the hip movement that it logs
  • BrightEyesx3
    Options
    Thanks guys. I used to wear one on my hip but one time it fell and broke. I'll try placing it in a more secure area around my waist.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    It depends on what pants I wear. Some pants I'll put it on the waistband and it won't count much at all and others it'll do it right or too much. I'm not sure why that is...some pants move more than others? >.>
  • BrightEyesx3
    Options
    It depends on what pants I wear. Some pants I'll put it on the waistband and it won't count much at all and others it'll do it right or too much. I'm not sure why that is...some pants move more than others? >.>

For me pants move more than others depending on how big they fit me. But I don't have to worry, regardless on how much weight I lose my hips and butt will still be holding my pants up <.<