My Downfall

Peschuntz
Peschuntz Posts: 270 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
The later in the day, the harder it is to curb my appetite. I sometimes wake up half asleep and feel like I must eat something in order to go back to sleep. I know others here must face this challenge at times. Can anyone suggest some constructive ways to handle this? Thanks. :cry:

P.S. I tend to drink a lot of caffeinated beverages, but they are all zero calorie drinks, but I notice I am hungry afterwards. Anyone else experience this?

Replies

• You might want to do a search for "sleep eating" or "night eating". I was looking that up a little while ago and what you just described was typical for night eaters.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    well try to save enough calories that you can have a snack at night that is high in fiber.....or something with oats and grains....it will help you have that "full" feeling for longer.....i would suggest a nice health snack granola bar with almonds and such in it.....but def make sure you eat like 2 hours or so before you go to sleep...and drinks lots of water....but also peppermint is known to be an appetite suppresant so maybe make some pepermint tea before you go to sleep(decaf of course)

hope this helps!
  • :flowerforyou: I, personally, have found that when I eat/drink something that's 'diet' I end up craving sugar or something else. For some reason the artificial sweetener makes me want something with real sugar in it. I have opted, instead of using diet stuff, to eat something with real sugar in it. That, oddly enough, seems to help me.
This discussion has been closed.