Strong Opinions on Weight Loss

Options
secretlobster
secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
Do you have strong opinions on how other people should lose weight? I challenge you to prove that it works.

Lose the weight, gain the muscle, do what you need to do to earn the body you want using the methods you swear by. Once you're there, maintain that body for at least a year. Then come back and tell people that your weight-loss method is the one that works.

No "two weeks on the Zero-Calorie Vitamin Water Diet and already lost twelve pounds!" BS. Post a picture of your "After" body, and prove you've been maintaining it for at least one year. And of course, tell us how you did it!

Replies

• Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Goin by the regain statistics, keeping it off for 5 years would be stronger evidence. But I like the way you think. :-)
  • JulieDerda
    JulieDerda Posts: 163
    Options
    okay.. ill post in january. :wink:

that will be my one year mark.
  • Bizeebec150
    Options
    True true true!!! What works - exercise eat right dedication
  • JuneBPrice
    JuneBPrice Posts: 294
    Options
    I don't have strong opinions on how others should lose weight. I have strong opinions on how I should lose weight, but not other people. Different things work for different people, and no one knows your body better than you do.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those genetic freaks who lost weight and got fit by eating a balanced diet at a modest deficit and exercising. I know, I know it sounds crazy. Everybody's different.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    My new secret diet consists of nothing but Fiber 1 bars and over-ripe bananas.
  • JuneBPrice
    JuneBPrice Posts: 294
    Options
    My new secret diet consists of nothing but Fiber 1 bars and over-ripe bananas.
    Seems legit to me.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those genetic freaks who lost weight and got fit by eating a balanced diet at a modest deficit and exercising. I know, I know it sounds crazy. Everybody's different.

snowflake!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I do.

EAT AT A CALORIE DEFICIT.

Would you like me to provide data to back up my assertion?

He. he. I said "*kitten*".
  • Silverkittycat
    Options
    I do.

EAT AT A CALORIE DEFICIT.

Would you like me to provide data to back up my assertion?

He. he. I said "*kitten*".

*smacks *kitten**
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Well, I lost 30 lbs on a diet of 1300 calories per day (1500 some days) with an hour at the gym Mon-Fri. I lost the weight in three months and have kept it off for two years... but heck if I can lose anymore then that! So I'm joining the gym again. Apparently gym time is the magic ingredient.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,620 Member
    Options
    It's been over 25 years and I haven't changed hardly at all (with the exception of my annual bulk cycle). My **** works and that's why my clientele is strong.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I weighted a little bit less last fall, but I've been maintaining about the same weight for over a year, and I'm wearing the same clothes as I did at my low weight.

Appropriate calorie deficit (aiming for one pound a week until I was 10 pounds from goal, then a half pound a week), adequate protein, regular exercise including strength training. Crazy voodoo magic.
  • Silverkittycat
    Options
    Crazy voodoo magic.

Yes it is!
  • BVannillie
    BVannillie Posts: 140
    Options
    I don't have strong opinions on how others should lose weight. I have strong opinions on how I should lose weight, but not other people. Different things work for different people, and no one knows your body better than you do.

Basically this. Sometimes people should just butt out of others business and let them get on with it. I don't want people tellig me what's best for me when they don't know me, and I wouldn't do it to someone else. Live and let live.