New to MFP and loving the support

Options
Hi all I'm from Toronto (Scarborough) and have decided that I will no longer say "I'll start tomorrow" or "it's just a small piece" or "just one fry", anymore. Part of me getting to this point was admitting to myself that I'm addicted to food!!! Second was to admit it to other people. Now I can proceed on!!!

I think MFP is a great means to support each other and help you to realise that you're not alone in this. Although I have a great partner at home who is a wonderful support, she doesn't know or understand what it's like to be 'fat' all your life, as she has never been classified as "fat" before.

About me;
I'm 5'8, 215.8 (as of today) and at my highest, I was 272 lbs (though I was 9 months pregnant, but still a huge number for me to accept). I had gained 45 lbs with that pregnancy, not having taking off the full 45 lbs I gained from my previous pregnancy (6 years prior). I took off baby #2's 45 lbs within 5 months through diet alone (counting calories and when I hit a plateau, I tried south beach). I've tried any and all diets and pills. I'm a pear shape and love my shape, but I just want to shrink this shape. My goal weight is probably somewhere around 160 lbs, but for now, I'd like to get to 180 lbs. My shortest term goal would be to get to my pre-baby weight of 200 lbs. I know that is still high but it's my mini goal and one that would be very meaningful to me.

I would love to learn some of your success stories/ fails/ trials and tribulations etc.

Thanks for reading,
Jenn
PS. Add me so I have some friends please ??!!:noway: :love: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• angTp21
    angTp21 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Jenn,

Welcome to MFP :) I don't know from personal experience (too young!) but I can bet it must be hard to lose the baby weight. That's pretty much the biggest concern that I hear when people talk about pregnancies and having kids!

And I understand what you mean when you say your partner doesn't understand. My boyfriend is a stick and has been all his life, and he loves and accepts me the way I am but he'll never understand what it's like. Apparently in the last year since he had his doctor's check-up, he dropped another 14 pounds WITHOUT doing anything! And he eats worse than I do!

I've always been the "fat kid", unfortunately. Part of it was growing up with my dad and my sister here in the U.S. while my mom lived back in my home country of Taiwan and not really knowing the right and wrong of eating healthy and taking care of myself. Didn't really sink in until high school when looks and your size were the most important. Definitely got teased and bullied during my high school days.

I did run in cross country though from 8th grade until 12th, and it has helped with my weight but definitely not enough. Went off to college, gained the Freshmen 15 (and then some), lost 25 pounds last summer, and gained it all back last school year. Needless to say it was frustrating beyond belief.

But last summer, under the instruction (or the dictatorship of my uncle, I don't know which) I lost 25 pounds rather quickly, which we all know it'll mean that I'd gain it back just as quickly too. But this summer, though the dictator (my uncle) has told me that I MUST lose 4 pounds a week (which is at an unhealthy pace), I'm taking it at a moderate and at my own pace: whatever feels best for me and as far as I can go.

So as of right now:
    Height: 5'6
    Weight: 193

It's not a sprint, but more like a marathon.

Best of luck, and feel free to add me for support :)

-Angela (my friends call me Angie)