i need a reward ;)

Options

Replies

• stpetegirl
    stpetegirl Posts: 241
    Options
    I set a 20lb goal as my first one. Once I hit it my reward is going to be workout clothes.
  • MSepp
    MSepp Posts: 228
    Options
    Any suggestions for a reward when i reach 10 lbs lost?

A new outfit? My treat when I'd lost five was a new pair of matchstick jeans from J Crew.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I got myself a fish for my first 10 lbs lost. His name is Dionysus.
  • Scandinavia
    Scandinavia Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I believe trying to lose that much. The halfway marker is 80-something, not in the 100s/200s.
  • ShyFeather
    ShyFeather Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Do something exciting!: skydiving, scubadiving, zip lining, ect. Whatever is in your area.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    You'll be down 10lbs. What more reward do you want? :wink:
  • JuneBPrice
    JuneBPrice Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    My reward is clothes. I've always worn hand-me-downs and clothes from Goodwill, but I've scrapped together some money and when I get to my goal weight I'm going to get some new clothes! :smile:
  • quixoteQ
    quixoteQ Posts: 484
    Options
    Get one large jar of Nutella, heat it up, then scoop into a family-sized bag of Doritos. Seal bag and shake to coat. Open and add marshmallow fluff and a handful of Nutter Butters. Stick it in the freezer, and while it's cooling off, go to the store and get a quarter-gallon of chocolate milk. Go back home and remove Doritos from freezer. Slit bag open length-wise and open it up like a book. Add chocolate sprinkles. Eat, drink, repeat until Doritos and chocolate milk are gone. Then go through a week of despair at what you've become. Descend to the netherworld and do battle with your personal demons. Emerge victorious and return to life with new strength and wisdom. Sit underneath a Baobob tree and fast until you are graced with enlightenment, and are able to remove yourself from Samsara, the ocean of sadness.

Or, go for a walk.
  • suzakusoul
    suzakusoul Posts: 129
    Options
    At my ten I went and bought some more weights and workout clothes.

Exactly my thoughts. I have a hard time with staying committed so at my 3 week mark, I treated myself to a heartrate monitor. Next up milestone (6 weeks) - massage. At 10 weeks, either new sneakers or something from Chalene Johnson's fitness apparel line. :)
  • HorseWithNoName27
    HorseWithNoName27 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    How about a spa day? Something to make you feel good about yourself and encourage you to keep going! A massage is nice for both genders. ;) Or you could go for a manicure, pedicure, hot tub soak as well if you like. I plan on going swimming in the lake a few miles out of town at my first 10!
  • sasssurf
    sasssurf Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I like these ideas. I am unable to set these kind of goals. I feel too pressured. Though I shall try this idea. My reward may be to go out to the theatre and wear one of my many dresses I've been holding on to. Mmmm..... It's set me thinking.
  • Firephoenix013
    Options
    Same here 3 more pounds and I'll hit a goal. Not sure what to do. Never had a mani/pedi. I already get massages. Have tons of books, dvds. Not sure what to do really. Not at the point for new clothes as mine still fit just a little nicer lol. Jewelry..meh. Kinda lost atm on what to do.
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I go with girly rewards...hair coloring, mani, pedi...things like that that make me feel even more fabulous!
  • Carpaydeeum
    Carpaydeeum Posts: 116
    Options
    thanks for the ideas!
  • Carpaydeeum
    Options
    You'll be down 10lbs. What more reward do you want? :wink:

Excellent point!
  • sarahmoo12
    sarahmoo12 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    i lost 13lbs and got a tattoo lol
  • Carpaydeeum
    Options
    Any suggestions for a reward when i reach 10 lbs lost?

I looked at your ticket, and still can't figure out what is your goal. Are you trying to get to 175LB or lose 175LB?

i'm trying to lose 175...basically cut my weight in half..to get my bmi to the green zone :)
  • Carpaydeeum
    Options
    This may sound silly but I never find time to make my playlists. Perhaps if you meet your goal and you use an ipod/mp3 mark time in your calendar to just sit, listen to some music and create a great, motivational playlist for the new and improved you!

And once I get listening to music time speeds up with all the nostalgia and emotion. *shrug* It is a cheap reward but may help with your new goals and the time is well spent on you and just you.

I like your brain. i too never take the time....this is probably the winner! I may even spend $15 on an itunes card and buy a few new songs.
  • cavewoman15
    cavewoman15 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    massage!!
  • bright_and_shiny
    Options
    Your friends and family may have some suggestions. My husband is arranging for me to do "something I've always wanted to do" as a reward if I get all the way through the 30 Day Shred. I have no idea what it is, but the suspense is motivating too! ;) A massage or good haircut (with head massage) is something else on my list of non-food rewards. :)