horrible pictures.

Options
this is my first day on the site and im trying to lose weight aggressively. i went out this past weekend and my friend took some pictures. well when we looked at them i could barely recogize myself it was so embarrassing. im trying to live a new healthier life. i AM going to lose weight. i dont want to be a fatty anymore i needed a shock to my system to see how fat i actually am. it made me sick!

Replies

• beth2662
    beth2662 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    this is my first day on the site and im trying to lose weight aggressively. i went out this past weekend and my friend took some pictures. well when we looked at them i could barely recogize myself it was so embarrassing. im trying to live a new healthier life. i AM going to lose weight. i dont want to be a fatty anymore i needed a shock to my system to see how fat i actually am. it made me sick!
  • punkin
    Options
    you can totally do this! i just went thru the same thing with my cousin's wedding. couldn't believe how big i looked! use it as a catalyst, but don't beat yourself up! i know for me it's still an uphill, day by day battle. but i'll get there! keep at it and check back in if you need support! -- punkin
  • made4worship
    made4worship Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    what is it with pictures, my best friend and our husband went on vacation together and when I saw the picture all I could think about was if pep really saw me the way I saw myself in the pictures. I know what you are going through , hang in there and you can do it , I slower the better on losing weight that way it will stay off . Exercize and eat healthy , we have your back and by the time this is over you will be able to take all the pictures you want
    shannon
  • zena250
    Options
    Ditto on the bad pictures! I saw some of myself that were taken this weekend and all I thought was 'who is that women?'. Worst yet I have a wedding to attend to next weekend and won't be able to loose a lot of the weight by then! Yeah more bad pictures. <sigh>

I found a sight that has some great recipes on it. It also includes the calories etc needed to enter into the daily menu plan here. www.recipezaar.com Check it out and let me know what you think.

Tonight I am having Linguine with Swiss Chard and garlic.

I do have one gripe...why do men not gain weight like women? My husband and I eat the same foods and he didn't gain all that weight!!

Can you tell this is my first day on a diet. :)
  • Sherfoodie
    Sherfoodie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Zena250, You're funny.

Ok, so this is my theory on photos, even though I HATE pictures of myself (yes, that's why I ALWAYS have the camera & take ALL the pictures!),
    Pictures are a great way to track your progress. Looking in the mirror everyday or even on the scale you can't see your progress the way everyone else see you and photos allow you to do that.
    As for the way you look in photos, yes you do look like that. I hate to be the one to say it, but hey someone has to, and it's one of the reasons you want to lose weight and get healthier. I hate looking at pics of 120 extra pounds, but it's a reality check. Yes, it sucks.
    The bottom line, the motivation for a thinner, healthier life must come from the inside, not for a wedding, high school reunion, family gathering or anything or anyone else. You are worth it! All the effort, sweat, tears, calorie counting, picture enduring moments and work are woth it because you're doing this for you.
    Just think when you're at the other end of this weight loss journey, you can look back at the pictures you hate now and see your accomplishment, just how far you've come, and be thankful for the growth of character and loss of lbs.
    One more tidbit... If something happened to you tomorrow and all that was left were those pictures, your family would be very very thankful for them, seeing your smile and soul and not the weight. Just a thought.

As for Made4worships pictures from vacation... I took them and they are DANG CUTE!!!! ...then again I had the camera... and a void of vacation pics of me... hu... maybe should take my own advice...
  • zena250
    Options
    Thanks, Made4worships!

Sure it is a good idea to take a before and after picture, that way when we loose all the weight we won't ever want to go back to what we looked like.

I too am mostly behind the camera however, everyone seems to own a digital camera and/or a camera phone! It used to be that one would be very selective of the pictures we take. Not now, now and me included we shoot until the camera is full.

But you can bet that with a lot of prayer and determination...when I loose the weight...I am going to want pictures taken of me! :0

What I have trouble with is the amount of time it takes to loose the weight. Then when you get off a diet you gain it back and then some! Now I have decided that it needs to be a lifestyle change. That could be interesting to say the least. Sometimes my will power isn't everything it should be.

But I am determined to get through it this time!