How much unsweetened iced tea is too much?

Options
EJand94
EJand94 Posts: 55 Member
This month I'm cutting out soda. I don't drink sugared sodas because I just don't like the taste, but taking it out for the sodium content. I love tea. I drink it with a packet of Stevia so there isn't any sugar involved. I know it shouldn't be my only drink. But should I be wary of the caffeine?I'm drinking it with a mix of Stash Premium green tea, and Lipton Black tea. (i make a huge batch of it for everyone in my fam, and we fix it how we like in our own cups)

Replies

• mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    I think only you can answer how much caffeine is too much for you. It won't affect weight loss, if that's what you mean. Well, some people get an appetite suppressant affect from it.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    you can drink unlimited quantities of unsweetened iced tea and it DOES count towards your water.
    It's just water, with a tea bag in it.
    The caffeine is negligible and the tea bag does not negate it's "wateryness"
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    If you can't sleep because you're jittery or you have to get up every few minutes to pee, then you're drinking too much iced tea. Or at least that's how I measure it :)
  • nuclearbanana
    Options
    The average, healthy human can handle ~200 to 300 mg of caffeine a day. A regular cup of green tea has anywhere between 20 to 30 mg of caffeine. There are actually many health benefits from specifically caffeine if taken in proper moderation, including preventing neurodegenerative diseases and the like. You'd know better than the rest of us where your caffeine limits lie, it's kind of hard to overdose on unless you're actively trying to do so.

I effing love coffee/tea.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I don't know about you, but I make my iced tea weaker than I would for hot tea. You probably aren't getting a lot of caffeine anyway. But if it's affecting you, there's always decaf.