Super Confused!

Options
So, I realized this is the millionth post about these same questions, but...

I'm 5'7" (I like to say I'm 5'8", but we all know it's not true!). I'm currently at 194, and have been for a frusteratingly long 2 months. My highest was 226 2 years ago. I dropped 30 lbs pretty quickly about a year ago, went up a bit, then have gotten back down to 194. I exercise about 5-7 days per week, plus walk my dog. I can never eat all of my exercise calories back (I do the Arc Trainer at level 7 or 8 at the gym for 30-45 mins, which says it burns about 750 cals for 45 mins, I adjust that down), or I run. I lift frequently (3 days a week or so).
I'm confused. My BMR, according to fitness frog, is 1662. For 1 lb per week weight loss, my MFP goal is 1550 (why is my goal lower than my BMR?). Some days it's a struggle to eat that much (except when I have drinks! Boy do those add up!) and I am never able to eat back my exercise calories. I've tried to be better in the last 2 weeks about not being too far under...Last week (the one that just ended) was was 3283 cals under for the week, the week before I was 1201 cals under for the week, the week before that I was 1580 under for the week and the week before that I was 4351 under for the week. I can try to eat more, I definitely can, but I'm just so frusterated that I haven't lost any weight!!
Don't get me wrong. The other day I read that the US Army fitness requirements for 31 year old women (which I am) was 17 pushups in 2 minutes, between 35-42 pushups was considered excellent. So I did 42 in 2 minutes. Then another day I ran interval sprints for 3.5 miles and felt awesome...I feel good and I'm trying not to focus too much on the numbers, but it's frusterating!! What else can I do? Is it just as simple as upping my calories???
I don't eat a lot of meat, mostly because I don't know how to cook it. I don't drink at home and I try not to eat junk. I also waitress on the weekends, which burns a CRAZY amount of calories after an 8 hour shift! My day job during the week is sedentary, so m-f is when I usually push it in the gym....
Any advice or tweaks would be appreciated. I know there is more to life than the numbers and I'm in good fitness shape, but I would like to lose more! Thanks!

Replies

• stronggirl69
    Options
    I just started on this site but last year I was at 221 pounds & am only 5'4....I got down to 180 easy enough but then got stuck.
    I have been cutting out my carbs only 2 days a week, it got me jump started again. Now at 168. I am a carb addict so I could never do one of those no carb diets. But 2 days a week is doable enough.
    Today I had only a carrot for breakfast, only cuz I was busy & on the run...beef strips for lunch & mixed salad for dinner...sounds boring & it is but I know it's only one day...the next time I cut them I will make my favourite egg omelette maybe, so I have something to look forward to.