Hypnosis to assist with weight loss??

Options
Has anyone tried this? I am not saying hypnosis in lieu of eating good healthy food, but to be an adjunct to weight loss. I have a friend who went to 3 sessions and has been able to successfully lose 45 lbs when all else had failed for her.
Any success or failure stories to share?

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I used to work with someone who did it, and she lost quite a bit. I don't know how long she kept it off, though. What I didn't like about the program she did was that she was given a specific eating plan to follow, and the hypnosis was just to make her feel satisfied. I feel like that approach is no better than any crash diet because there's no follow-up... you just go back to your old habits. But, that's not to say that all programs are like that. I think it could be a great tool, depending on how it's used.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    hypnotist.jpg

PETER
    Ah, I can't do that. She might get all pissed off at me. Besides, I think the guy might be able to help. He did help Anne lose weight.

SAMIR
    Peter, she's anorexic.

PETER
    Yeah, I know. The guy's really good.
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    I often listen to self hypnosis mp3's. As Elizabeth said, they help keep me satisfied. That helps me stay on track. If I listen to them often I am more likely to pick up a glass is water when I might be looking for something else.