Turbo fire and weight loss..

Options
Ive done turbo jam mannnny times and love it but i need a boost to lose weight! Does Turbo Fire work for losing weight? any progress pics or stories please let me know! i want to know if this will be a good investment. i get hooked up on the WEIGHT loss, i understand when adding strength it will cause you to gain, BUT any success stories with weight loss and if so what was your eating like? thanks :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    OoOh keep in mind im 5'3 and currently 190 lbs
  • sarrylove
    sarrylove Posts: 88
    Options
    I just started Month 3 of Turbo Fire and I have lost 17.9 lbs. and 14 total inches. I love it and it really works!!!!
  • gxm17
    gxm17 Posts: 374
    Options
    I added Turbo Fire low impact HIITs to my weekly regimen and have had great results. It took about five weeks but really helped me bust through a plateau. Love it!
  • mom2fabfive
    mom2fabfive Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried TF yet! I am starting it after I finish Chalean Extreme. From what I have seen it works. You might want to consider Chalean Extreme. It is also Chalene Johnson but you lift weights. You build muscle to burn fat. I actually have dropped about 15 lbs. and at least 10 inches. My final results will be next Wednesday. Just a suggestion! : )
  • dilan0620
    dilan0620 Posts: 26
    Options
    I think anybody can do TurboFire because there is always a moderator and there is "new to class" which she goes over the moves first before doing them to the music. TurboFire is my favorite I absolutely love it, moves, music, everything! I recently got the Low HIIT dvds and they are awesome too! If you want more info just message me and we can chat. :-)
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    It comes with a 9 week preparation schedule if you feel intimidated by it or need to work up to it. I was really out of shape after just having a baby. I'm on week 5 of the prep and while I haven't lost a ton yet it has done wonders with my baby pooch. Still a long way to go, but I have 16 weeks left! More if I end up getting the advanced workouts.
  • stronggirl69
    Options
    turbo fire & turbo jam are my fav workouts...a year & half ago I was 221 pounds, I am 5'4....I did mostly these workouts, not changing my eating very much at all. I am now 168 pounds & like I said I barely changed my eating. I hit a plateau so I am now starting to do some changes in my diet but just the workouts 3 times a week alone really worked for me & I am pleased with the muscle tone I got.
    I would love to chat with more turbo fans, I have burned my set for alot of my friends & they seem to enjoy it as well.
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I just finished TF's 12 week program yesterday :-) I actually started with the Greatest HIIT's DVD and did that every other day for 5-6 weeks before starting the 12 week program. I've lost 18.4 lbs and 18.75" overall.

I think it's a great program, and I agree with the pp who suggested some HIIT's.
    I'm 5'4" and started at 164lbs, now I'm 145.6.
  • Bearface115
    Options
    its been 2 days and i can really feel it!!! :-)
  • Jenph20
    Jenph20 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I havent tried it, but i know a lot of ladies that have and had amazing results with it. I have a ladies only support group if you'd like to join. We have a few doing turbo fire. Just send me a message, We would love to have you!
  • michaelispas
    michaelispas Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Even if you have done turbo fire many times, it all comes down to nutrition. What is your goal with nutrition? What is your goal for results?
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I was around 180-something when I moved from TJ to TF, and i think I lost around 15 or so pounds in the 3 months that I actually followed it. I got into running which also helped and then once I started running more, more weight came off. I still go back to the individual workouts and HIITS. They're always good for an awesome calorie burn!
  • Bearface115
    Options
    I was around 180-something when I moved from TJ to TF, and i think I lost around 15 or so pounds in the 3 months that I actually followed it. I got into running which also helped and then once I started running more, more weight came off. I still go back to the individual workouts and HIITS. They're always good for an awesome calorie burn!

thank you, this is really! helpful and great to know!! :-)
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Hello, AWTY, MFP Moderator here. Talking about workout programs is perfect for the MFP Forum, but please adhere to the Guidelines.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

14. No Advertising, Self-Promotion, or Fund-Raising

a) You may not post any links or mentions of other services, websites, or businesses from which you or an associate might benefit financially or otherwise. You also may not solicit off-Forum contact from which you might benefit, e.g. "message me for more info", “I can get you free samples”, etc

Thanks!:flowerforyou:
  • smareeh
    smareeh Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I just bought one from ebay and will be starting it as soon as it comes! I cant wait.
  • Bearface115
    Options
    my endurance had sped up! im putting more and more intesity into it!!
  • Bearface115
    Options
    is it better to eat more carbs i.e. Breakfast sandwhich with the bagel for breakfast, and a salad for lunch, and a protein with veggies for dinner? i find when i do that, i tend to lose more with this exercise program. is that normal?