"little" blenders - need recommendations

flechero
flechero Posts: 260 Member
I bought a GE blender from Walmart to do my post work out shakes, etc. I use it about 4-5 times a week. I have worn this one out. My 2 year warranty is no good without the receipt. (just bought it in late Feb.) I'll keep the receipt on the next one.

Anyway, for those of you that have the smaller blenders that mix in their own cups- what models do you have and how do you like it??? Also what did you pay for it?

Thanks,
keith

Replies

• angelicasmommy
    angelicasmommy Posts: 303 Member
    I got my mom a Big boss brand one from Walmart for her birthday. It was 49 I believe. It's basically the same thing as a Magic Bullet but not. She had to return it because not everything was in the box and they didn't have another one, so she picked another type they had. I don't know what it's called, but it's a yellow blender with clear cups. Has two blades, one for grinding (like coffee beans) and one for smoothies. I think she said it was about 24 dollars. I've used it, I really liked it and want to buy myself one.
  • Vonwarr
    Vonwarr Posts: 390 Member
    I have a magic bullet, came with party cups. It's incredible for smoothies... not a great blender for heavy duty tasks though. Handles frozen fruit quite handily, but large ice cubes can jam it if you put them in last.

The party cups are great for larger drinks, I usually do pure protein shakes in the small one and drink right out of it though.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    I have this: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hamilton-Beach-Single-Serve-Blender-With-Travel-Lid/5924588

$15, works great, just make sure there's enough liquid in there or it gets stuck.
  • diddyk
    diddyk Posts: 269 Member
    I have a magic bullet. It's FABULOUS. Mine is about 3 years old, and has been used on average 3 - 4 times a week since I got it. There are a few variations, I have the "Platinum Pro." Maybe someone else can provide input on their model.
  • I would maybe go with a hand blender? That's what i use and it works fantastic!!
  • Bug207
    Bug207 Posts: 58 Member
    I have the Cuisinart CPB-300 and I absolutely love it. I think the complete package with all the cups is around $50, but since I was dying for the purple one that was out of stock, I took the sample blender with just two cups for $25 total at Sur Le Table. The quality is fantastic and it's brilliant for basic smoothie and shake making.
  • Journalartista
    Journalartista Posts: 84 Member
    You NEED the Nutribullet!! Seriously has changed my lfe! No chunks no matter what you throw in it.
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    I have this: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hamilton-Beach-Single-Serve-Blender-With-Travel-Lid/5924588

$15, works great, just make sure there's enough liquid in there or it gets stuck.

I have the same one and its def not bad for 15 bucks! :)
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    If you want something just for liquid and protein powder (not electrically powered) I totally recommend the Blender Bottle- it's just a bottle (with measurements on the side) and a flip top for drinking, and it comes with a little metal whisk ball which mixes things up well when you shake it. It even copes with peanut butter, thick yogurt, cottage cheese.

I also use it for my overnight refrigerator oatmeal, which has thick greek yog, oats, pb, chia seeds, milk, it does that really well!.
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    I bought a GE blender from Walmart to do my post work out shakes, etc. I use it about 4-5 times a week. I have worn this one out. My 2 year warranty is no good without the receipt. (just bought it in late Feb.) I'll keep the receipt on the next one.

Anyway, for those of you that have the smaller blenders that mix in their own cups- what models do you have and how do you like it??? Also what did you pay for it?

Thanks,
    keith

My wife bought the GE from Walmart a couple of months ago and so far so good. We use it at least a couple of times a day.
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    I got this one several months back, and I love it. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ninja-Kitchen-System-Pulse/16913481

I had done a fair bit of research first, and this one was said to do the best on ice and frozen berries, which is what I wanted it for. I love the personal size blending cups. I made smoothies for my husband and myself for lunch with it today, actually. It still amazes me how quickly and quietly it blends frozen material. And it cleans up much easier than my previous blender.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    I just bought a Ninja blender/chopper and love it. It wasn't to expensive and it does not look like the usual blender. I make an icy with fruit in mine nearly every day. Easy to clean too. It was about $40.
  • momar74
    momar74 Posts: 56 Member
    Magic Bullet: Model MB1001. I got this as a gift and did not think much of it due to the corny infomercials, but once I used it, I was a convert. I use it daily for my breakfast/post-workout smoothie. I use a half a handful of frozen strawberries, blueberries and a few slices of frozen banana, with about a cup of soy milk, 1 tbsp of protein powder and 2 tbsp of greek yogurt (chobani) - blend for 2 minutes, take it off, shake it and blend for 2 minutes. No chunks, everything is smooth. I have had it for 6 months and it has been great.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hamilton-Beach-Dual-Wave-Versatile-Blender/14320916

I have had this for over a year now and I LOVE it. It's a similar price on Amazon too, which is where I got mine (walmart was out of stock when I wanted it). It works extremely well, no leaks, has held up to being dropped, etc. Plus my boyfriend and I can drink completely separate smoothies still made at the same time. :)
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    I use an immersion blender. I don't chop ice with it though, just liquid and frozen berries.
  • LoreneRN
    LoreneRN Posts: 11 Member
    I bought the Bella blender at Sams for 20 dollars, and I love it. I use mine 3 times per day . Loved it so much bought one for work too!
  • blu_diva
    blu_diva Posts: 25
    got the oster myblend a couple of weeks ago and have used it every day since. well worth the ~$30.

http://www.oster.com/myblend
  • ctlinj7
    ctlinj7 Posts: 151 Member
    I have the Bella blender and use it 4-5 times a week. I've had it for 2 years..... love it, but now it's getting stuck after the blend. Looking like I'll have to replace it soon. Came with 3 clear cups and 2 blender caps (one small, one large)
  • luv2run
    luv2run Posts: 54 Member
    I just bought an oster from Target it came with a blue water bottle type container that you can blend in then remove the blade and replace it with the top so far I love it and it was on sale for $30 plus you got a pink bottle for free with purchase.
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Get the MAGIC BULLET

***POST EDITED BY STAFF for violation of guideline 17***