best app for calculating distance

Options
Hey, I'm looking at using an app for when I'm walking to give me my distance, time, averages and all of that.
What's the best one for doing that?

Thanks,

And oh! Stay hydrated out there. Wooooooooooooooooooooooah!

Replies

• josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I use runkeeper. Gives you pace, distance, etc.... also you can see your route online... You don't have to run to use it, just change your activity to walking.
  • MrsB724
    MrsB724 Posts: 247
    Options
    I use mapmyrun. I like it. It's an app for my android.
  • Eowyn99
    Eowyn99 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Runkeeper!
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Nike+ has always worked for me - gotta have the shoes with the sensor, though!
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I use Nike+, If you have an Iphone or another smart phone that is compatible you don't need to buy the sensor for your shoe. It tracks distance, time, calories (if you put your stats in properly), you can use it on the internet to map out new courses where you live, you can actually track how the run or walk was. It also will keep total miles traveled. I use it for running and biking. I believe it's either .99 or 1.99. I use my hrm monitor to track my calories though cause it's more accurate than the nike ap, but it does estimate the calories, for biking though the calories are way high cause it thinks your running at that speed.
  • halliedoll
    halliedoll Posts: 171
    Options
    I use Nike+, If you have an Iphone or another smart phone that is compatible you don't need to buy the sensor for your shoe. It tracks distance, time, calories (if you put your stats in properly), you can use it on the internet to map out new courses where you live, you can actually track how the run or walk was. It also will keep total miles traveled. I use it for running and biking. I believe it's either .99 or 1.99. I use my hrm monitor to track my calories though cause it's more accurate than the nike ap, but it does estimate the calories, for biking though the calories are way high cause it thinks your running at that speed.

I also use this app, but I found mine for free under the fitness category of the app store. I absolutely love this app!
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I use MapMyWalk
  • TheMolloy
    TheMolloy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Endomondo here ... and have used a variety of trackers and found this gem to be easiest to use. As well as pumping out fantastic stats as well.

Have also found that Endomondo ties in that much more better with Fitbit as well ... its a flawless thing !

Mapmyfitness and Nike+ ARE pretty sweet to use as well ... dont get me wrong !
  • Toomestwin
    Toomestwin Posts: 40
    Options
    Mapmyrun meets my needs. I'm sure there are better apps out there, but I'm interested in knowing how far I ran, what my pace was, and what my time was. Mapmyrun does that for me.
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    I use WalkTracker and I'm pretty happy with it.
    It will give me, distance, time, estimated calories, speed, pace, height climbed and maps the walk/run/etc