Almond Milk!!!!

Options
So I have a serious issue in the morning.... I CANNOT do a thing unless I have my coffee, now I've gotten it down to 2 cups a day which is tremendous, and I make sure I have 8 ounces of water before hand... but even only having 2 tablespoons of Interational Delight (any flavor) its 140 calories out of my day!! ps I love food. So I was talking to my mother in law the other day and she told me she uses Almond Milk in her coffee, I just checked the Calories, 60.... per 8 fl. oz!!! OMG! Now that's the original, vanilla hs 90 and chocolate has 110, and those are the sweetened flavors. Now I just have to pray that my local grocery stores have them!!

Replies

• stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    it's not hard to find. you can also get the unsweetened versions of vanilla and chocolate (if you can find them) and add a no-calorie sweetener instead!
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    :drinker: did you taste it at your mohers is it good it"s easy to get just lookfor it at any major gro
  • agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    You could try s flavor of soymilk, its tasty and low calorie too
  • emkay617
    Options
    get coffee mate's sugar free versions... its only 30 cals per serving and tastes awesome
  • 1Sweets
    1Sweets Posts: 395
    Options
    get coffee mate's sugar free versions... its only 30 cals per serving and tastes awesome

I got smart and use the Coffee Mate's Sugar Free Version as well. I love the Vanilla Caramel. I have 2 big cups every morning. Mine is Only 15 Cal a TBSP! Thanks for sharing:tongue:
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I use the unsweetened almond milk in my smoothies--love it! :happy:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I use the sweetened vanilla Almond Breeze on my regular Fibre 1 cereal. It's awesome. Now milk tastes blah!
  • swishon
    Options
    I did recently just read about how artificial sweeteners can make a person crave sweets even more than normal. Now, the only way I can drink the suggested daily intake of H2O, I put Crystal Lite in my water bottle which has Aspartame in it. I have a MASSIVE sweet tooth and recently started reducing my intake of Crystal Lite and it has significantly reduced my craving for chocolate and candy. Instead of adding artificial sweetener I would see if agave works, even if it does add on a FEW calories and carbs. It may be more helpful in the long run.
  • blakgarnet
    Options
    I love almond milk!!!! Even walmart has it, and it's nice that you can leave it in the pantry and not really worry about expiration until you open it. I also prefer it significantly to soymilk since I hate the texture of soymilk.
  • TheNatKitchen
    TheNatKitchen Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love almond milk!!!! Even walmart has it, and it's nice that you can leave it in the pantry and not really worry about expiration until you open it. I also prefer it significantly to soymilk since I hate the texture of soymilk.

I totally agree! I'm OBSESSED with Almond Breeze Unsweetened- only 40 calories per serving!! WOOT. And it tastes worlds better than soy, rice or cows milk :)
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Ok well I was just at walmart looking for it... what is it usually kept near because I couldn't find it and was pretty bummed!
  • amicklin
    Options
    "Ok well I was just at walmart looking for it... what is it usually kept near because I couldn't find it and was pretty bummed!"

My WalMart keeps the Almond milk in the chips/ nuts aisle, right by the rice cakes and health bars.
  • blakgarnet
    Options
    yeah, mine is not near any of the dairy products too. I don't remember exactly where, but I doubt there's a huge difference in how walmarts are laid out. Mine is in one of the first 4-5 aisles near the front of the store, on the side closest to the meats. Definitely not a place I would normally think to look.
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I use "Calorie Countdown" by Hood. Love, love love it! Half the calories of skim milk, and tastes great! :smile:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Vanilla Almond Breeze is quite yummmy. :smile:
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I use "Calorie Countdown" by Hood. Love, love love it! Half the calories of skim milk, and tastes great! :smile:

Yeah, but that stuff is a hodge podge of chemicals...............

I make my own almond milk when I have the time and add pure vanilla to it. Sometimes I purchase Unsweetened Almond Breeze too.
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Here is the link to the recipe for how to make Almond milk if anyone is interested.

http://www.living-foods.com/recipes/almondmilk.html
  • cwvanek
    cwvanek Posts: 111
    Options
    Almond milk is a gift from god ;) I don't drink cow's milk so almond milk is a must in my house :)

Soy milk and rice milk are other great alternatives.

You can find soy milk at almost any grocery store and most will carry the almond and rice milks as well. It usually doesn't come refridgerated. I can usually find it near the dry milks or in the organic sections :) HTH