5K Walk - 6 Weeks

Options
I am starting training tomorrow for my first ever 5K walk in 6 weeks. I am excited but at the same time nervous. I hated gym class in high school. Though I love taking walks now with my camera and have walked 1-2 miles, but I don't know about 3. I guess it's the next step.

I need some tips as far as speed and what to eat, etc. What do you think?

Replies

• aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I TRULY recommend the Couch to 5k program. I know you're planning to WALK, but it gives you a very specific program to follow...and you could just work through the first couple of weeks and keep recycling those weeks if you want. It will get you into shape and you will be able to walk fast!!! :happy:
  • JazzyFizz23
    Options
    Thanks - I will try that after my first one to get myself going faster. I have never heard of that and it looks kind of cool. Even scarier than my current 6 week plan, but I like that it is a well known thing.
  • JazzyFizz23
    Options
    So it turns out the original 5k I wanted to do is the same day I get back from my Florida vacation - and I will not be able to make it. In the meantime I am continuing my training and finding other one hopefully in the month of August. Fingers crossed.

Any other tips?