obtaining a healthy body?

Options
I'm 5'2'' and currently weigh around 110 pounds
25% BF and I want to get it down to 20%..
but I also want to be stronger, I workout (ski machine 5-6x a week and I do a bikini workout 3x a week)
what macros should i be eating and how many calories.
idc how much i weigh, i just want to look good!!!
i used to be eating 1200 cals a day, then 1400, then 1600, but i'm at 1400 now cuz i really want this extra fat gone!

(i originally wanted to call this-How many calories should I eat a day to obtain the toned and healthy look?)

Replies

• PaperThinLips
    PaperThinLips Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ixap
    ixap Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    At 110 I don't imagine you have much "extra" fat.
    I'd focus on strength training, and eat at least as much as you are now but probably more.
  • cara4fit
    cara4fit Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I agree with ixap here on this one. Strength-training, especially for people who are already at a pretty good weight for their body, but still find themselves feeling a bit soft(the "skinny-fat" syndrome) does a lot to firm things up. As in gradually re-composing the body in favor of muscle over fat. Still, one has to keep up the dietary end with good clean foods.
  • PaperThinLips
    Options
    At 110 I don't imagine you have much "extra" fat.
    I'd focus on strength training, and eat at least as much as you are now but probably more.

1600 cals or 1400?
  • PaperThinLips
    Options
    bump
  • ladyace2078
    ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Go to this website and enter your information. http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Given you don't have much if any you want to lose, aim for a 0-5% deficit from TDEE and eat those calories every day. Give up some of your cardio and start weight training. New Rules of Lifting for Women is a great place to start. This will really help you drop BF%. Also aim for ~1-1.5g of protein per LBM, which for you would be 83 g to 124 g of protein every day (1-0.25 multiplied by your weight).
  • ixap
    ixap Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    1600 cals or 1400?
    1600-1900 I'd say. And I agree with above poster's recommendations to focus on the weight training instead of all cardio. I am your height but 10 pounds heavier. When I started weight training without restricting my calories too much, the scale stayed the same, but I dropped 2 pants sizes, from a 6 to a 2.
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    As many calories as you feel you need. If strength training then go for more.