How long would you wait?

Options
55tolose
55tolose Posts: 510 Member
I pulled a muscle in my lower abdomin today and it hurt like hell, dropped to my knees in pain!... It is still pretty sore tonight. How long would you wait to go walking or use the elliptical again?? .........would it be stupid for me to go for an easy walk tomorrow?

I think My muscles are still weak and stretched out from never getting them back in shape after pregnancy three and five years ago....

Replies

• LastTime97
    LastTime97 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I don't know a real medical answer but I'm going to give you my answer... You know your body. You know how it feels. If it feels bad to push it or you're afraid of getting hurt take it easy. Try that easy walk and it feels alright do it! Keep moving and then when you feel back to normal get back on your regular workout schedule.
  • nkyjennifer
    nkyjennifer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    First - if the pain doesn't get a little better every day, go see a doctor. It might be more than a pulled muscle. Abdominal pain is nothing to ignore.

If it does start feeling better, though, I would say walk. Maybe more slowly than usual, but the worst thing you can do for muscle aches is stop moving.
  • 55tolose
    Options
    been to the doc, its really just a pulled muscle but the pain was all of a sudden and I wasn't doing anything more strenuous than normal.. I was just trying to hop onto the counter but anyway I was worried about my ovary so I went in to the doc.

Im glad that you let me know that It isn't good to stop moving when you have a pulled muscle I have never dealt with this before, I don't know if rest is best or if its ok to walk or use the muscle
  • nkyjennifer
    nkyjennifer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Good call going to the doc. Muscle pains like that can be caused by the oddest things. I was cleaning the last time I really pulled a muscle in my back - cleaning is dangerous! :laugh:

From what I've read and been told by my trainer & chiropractor, moving is important to keep blood flowing and encourage healing. Some gentle yoga stretching might help you feel better, too. The poses Cobra, Cat, and Cow are the ones I would try. Hope you're feeling better soon!
  • 55tolose
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! I will be trying some light lower abdominal exercises tomorrow : )