Suggestions for exercise I will stick with

Options
So I'm at it again! I got to get this weight off. Softball is over and the pounds are creeping on easier than ever. I need to keep active, but I don't have the motivation I guess. I wish I could find something that I would stick with. I'm busy running kids around, I want to go to a gym, but no money for that, by the time I get home I just want to veg out. That's the problem. Ugh!

Replies

• paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    If softball is your thing, then it sounds like you like the social part of exercising. Why don't you look into some winter sports teams that might get you excited? They don't even have to be outdoor sports. I would check out your local Parks and Rec for things like volley ball or basketball - there are a ton of house leagues around for all kinds of new and different sports. Is there curling where you live? It is an amazing winter workout that doesn't require a big investment in equipment - or getting outdoors in bad weather!

Good luck!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    batting cages for starters...go out on a field and run bases if it's your love or run around the outfield...keeps you in your environment....
  • chicka200413
    Options
    Yea, You need to find something to do that is a social activity that will keep you motivated.

I used to be a dancer, so I joined a Aerobics class, twice a week... for about 60$ for 8 weeks. I LOVE IT. I can put my hips into it and it makes me feel like a dancer again! I look forward to it each week. And I am considering for next session, to join two different classes so I can go 4 times a week! It is so much fun to me! I am even considering being an instructor... but I got a lot of weight to lose before I can do that... but it would be great to get paid to work out.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Go on meetup.com. There are tons of groups that do all kinds of stuff together. I found my walking club there. My husband is doing a 50K bike ride from a club he found there too
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Yes! Must be FUN & EASY to get to........... :drinker:

DVDs at home are a pain in the *kitten* for me. :grumble:

I LOVE Zumba & Turbo Kick Boxing classes at the gym.
    I've made a couple of friends there & really make it a point to get there.

Good luck!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou: :love: