I bought new underwear....

Options
Who knew???? I really didn't think I needed any, but I had to top up a purchase to get a good discount.
Not only am I down 2 sizes, but now I have figured out that baggie panties were the cause of that annoying "creap"....:blushing:

I've been excited about getting smaller clothes, but didn't know I needed to pay attention to the 'little things"!!!

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I love my smaller panties! My hubby has a hard time figuring out whose clothes are whose with me and my daugther! I love it!
  • ♥seoid♥
    Options
    I can't stand panties....thong girl here. TMI.
  • wendalin4
    wendalin4 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    What a great thing! This deserves to be a celebration for all your hard work!

I can't wait get out of the plus dept and back to misses sizes or to be under 200. Hopefully soon....:happy:

Great job!
  • cnutbrown
    cnutbrown Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I hear ya! I am desperate to go bra shopping....24 lbs and my bra is puckering because I am down in the chest area.....:blushing: I am not worried....I can afford to lose some :wink:

Feels good though, huh??! :drinker:
  • ♥seoid♥
    Options
    Oh and good job one the two sizes lost! :flowerforyou:
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 2 size drop. I notice my underwear seem to be fitter better. Probably because I gained 4 pounds before I decided to start losing weight. But I can't wait to drop down several sizes. It'll feel great. I might make that a reward..who knows.
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I can't stand panties....thong girl here. TMI.

Can't get used to them myself...but got over my prejudice against them when my daughter pointed out that since everything she wears creeps up anyway, it's just less material to deal with:laugh:

...and thanks. Still have a long way to go, but there is real joy in not having to go for the largest size on the rack - even in the "plus" dept!
  • ♥seoid♥
    Options
    you know it took me a while too....but makes me feel sexier! :laugh: and Lord knows i need that!
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I only wear thongs if the pants I'm wearing show a pantie line. Or if I'm wearing a skirt that shows a panty line. I used to wear thongs all the time, but since I put the weight on I don't feel as good in them as I once did. But I'm working on that.
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Ok so this is a very personal situation and question. But that is what you guys are here for right? Ok so I have lost 48 pounds and have gone down from a 20W to a 14 misses. I have gotten many new clothes in the right size including panties...but haven't traded in the bras. My bras feel as though they fit...I am tightening the shoulder strap and its hooked on the last one. Why would they feel they fit when I have gone down 4 inches in that area?? Any help is greatly appreciated.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Ok so this is a very personal situation and question. But that is what you guys are here for right? Ok so I have lost 48 pounds and have gone down from a 20W to a 14 misses. I have gotten many new clothes in the right size including panties...but haven't traded in the bras. My bras feel as though they fit...I am tightening the shoulder strap and its hooked on the last one. Why would they feel they fit when I have gone down 4 inches in that area?? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Go get yourself fitted professionally. I was in Sears the other day and they were doing it as a free service. It makes a huge difference
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    technically if you went to a bra fitter they'd tell you they don't fit I bet but if you are making them work and you are comfortable to me that's whats important. Those straps really do adjust a ton.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Who knew???? I really didn't think I needed any, but I had to top up a purchase to get a good discount.
    Not only am I down 2 sizes, but now I have figured out that baggie panties were the cause of that annoying "creap"....:blushing:

I've been excited about getting smaller clothes, but didn't know I needed to pay attention to the 'little things"!!!

Yeah for the new panties!!!
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options

You say you've tightened the straps, have you always worn it on the last hook or did you used to hook it on the first or second hook.

if you've changed the hook position over time, I'd say that's why the same size bra still fits, since it's somewhat adjustable between the shoulder straps and the back strap. The four inches lost may not have been in your cup size, but in back fat or even your side areas (some may be from cup size but not enough to notice).

Lastly, they say the majority of women do not wear the correct size bra, so perhaps it really doesn't fit but you're so used to it that you think it does????
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that's how I could tell I was gaining too much weight, when my underwear was too small!! :laugh:
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Yeah I think I will get fitted. I have never really had to tighten the straps and before the weight loss I was hooking it on the first set of hooks. Thanks for all the responses.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options

What a great feeling! By the time I realized I needed new underwear I was down 4 sizes! I went from a size 12 to a size 8. No more granny panties. YAY!!
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options

What a great feeling! By the time I realized I needed new underwear I was down 4 sizes! I went from a size 12 to a size 8. No more granny panties. YAY!!
    :flowerforyou:
    That's great!
    I was really excited last month when I realized I didn't have to get "special" sizes any more. I have several new packs in a drawer that didn't ever fit, so now it's like a surprise when I get to break into them!
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Isnt that great wow I know you were stunned:happy: speaking of under clothing I need smaller bras and boxers briefs:laugh:
  • 4mricandy
    4mricandy Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Definitely a first for me.....I'm reading blogs about new panties!!
    Boxers work for me.
    Good luck, ladies!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!