body wrap in Plastic, etc.

Options
2»

Replies

• coalboilermanBryan
    Options
    I know I have been targeting my thighs. and as the one poster said above "there is no such thing as targeting fat areas". I read that some where also..It just don't seem to want to go away. One other person on here kindly told me via PM that oils and message are the way to get the skin to sort of soften up and shrink, and be healthy. Others tell me that working out and getting big muscles will "fill" the skin up...Well I don't want to be the Incredible Hulk..I just want to be a skinny man that can wear one more size smaller pants. and look good in shorts. Don't get me wrong...I don't want to be skin and bones...but I want to be skinny and small, and my cellulite and skin to look smooth. It wont be perfect because I am ..O...ol.........O...O.......ok..here it goes....OLD! Ouch that hurt to say. ...................sorry had to wipe a tear out of my eye..........funny story............There are three things I can never remember.....the first one is...............4 there are 4 things I can never remember????
    Bryan
  • AnitaVolpato
    AnitaVolpato Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Do you have a pannicula (large flap of skin on your tummy that hangs over your belt/underwear line).... I have had one for years even when I was thin and it drove me crazy. The more weight I lost the worse it got people say that it will eventually go away if you eat well, drink water, work out like a beast and blah blah blah. My plastic surgeon told me that it has to be surgically removed... I hope that $money$ day comes cause I will have it done... $10,000 ....
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Unfortunatly surgery is the only way to get rid of excessive skin left over from large amounts of weight loss. Find a board certofied Plastic surgeon in your area and go see them. Your insurance may cover this procedure but you will need to check with them first. However if you do have the surgery you will probably go down 1 - 2 sizes depending on how much they take.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    And they can do your thighs too.
  • amsmith26
    amsmith26 Posts: 1
    Options
    A plastic surgeon I work with says that wraps don't specifically melt away fat, however, using something akin to a "spaxs" while a person loses weight through healthy diet and exercise will help to keep the skin from sagging as much as the weight comes off. It allows the membrane layers of the skin and fascia "heal" down together, keeping skin more toned.

It's never too late to start this process. Keep doing what you're doing and invest in some sort of torso and thigh support...Not crazy constricting but snug.