5'7 Ladies how many cals are you on???

Options
13»

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I have been eating NET 1600 since April and have been losing 5 lbs/mo on average. I run a lot so my actual intake averages about 2100 kcal/day. I'm 5'7" and 166 lbs (75.5kg), 36 years old.
  • suegmune
    suegmune Posts: 81
    Options
    1350, with high protein. I've got over 60 lbs to lose :) Its been working so far! Lots of protein shakes, low carb breads and small portions (on small plates). I'm 5'7"
  • FatTwoFitMama
    Options
    i do 800/900 calories i dont count what i burn ........you only do that to maintain your weight. i got wls so we where told 30 min a day ;) but i have a large family so im always on the go .im 5'8 i started at 397 in feb of this year im 265 pounds......34 years old.but i got the band .
  • pagella
    pagella Posts: 44
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and I have 1200
  • debdsk8gld
    debdsk8gld Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I stay around 1400 a day, and work out 18 hours a week and can't lose an ouce. I had a complete physical everything is normal. Doctor says to work out more and eat less. Not sure how that's possible.
  • doonesbury
    doonesbury Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7"

1200 calories.

I do NOT "eat back" the exercise calories I bust butt to burn!

Average 1,2 pound loss per week.

33 lbs total gone, 1 lb to go!

As for the "starvation mode" controversy... well, take a look at my profile pic.

We all got fat in the first place by "eating more!:

Move more! Eat less!

I have not stopped losing nor have I "starved" yet!

~Member since January 10, 2012.
  • ohmyshysamantha
    ohmyshysamantha Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1540 calories a day, I have it set as a sedentary lifestyle and exercise every day mostly just cleaning (our house is a disaster) I reset all my goals and got serious about losing weight June 29th and have lost 11.5 pounds as of today. So its steadily coming off.
  • michellekicks
    Options
    I stay around 1400 a day, and work out 18 hours a week and can't lose an ouce. I had a complete physical everything is normal. Doctor says to work out more and eat less. Not sure how that's possible.

You need a new doctor. Please eat more.

Why you work out 18 hours a week?
  • justinamay0535
    justinamay0535 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am 237 lbs 5'7 and I eat around 1500 calories a day plus a little over half of my exercise calories. I have been doing this since February and have almost lost 50 lbs so it seems to work for me. I also work out 6 days a week for 30-60 mins a day.
  • marvelousmeg422
    marvelousmeg422 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 7 and I average about 1400 a day!
  • Kristierlong
    Kristierlong Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", 140 pounds and currently eating at my TDEE of 2200 calories for the next 3-5 weeks. After that I'll do a 10% cut.
  • tubway
    tubway Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" 195(:-()and currently MFP has me set at 1200 for a 2lb weight loss per week with a sedentary lifestyle. I started doing Jillian Michaels' Body Revolution and am using the recipes provided which usually puts me around 1200. I am not eating back my exercise calories and I don't really find myself hungry. I just started so I don't have much to report yet. I lost almost 4 lbs and a full inch off my waist the first week, doing 1 dvd in the morning and 1 at night. I've cut back to her program of alternating 1 dvd per day, still eating around 1200 calories per day so I will see if I lose more weight next week.
  • michellekicks
    Options
    I'm 5'8", 140 pounds and currently eating at my TDEE of 2200 calories for the next 3-5 weeks. After that I'll do a 10% cut.

Yay for girls that eat! :drinker:
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I'm 154 lbs and my goal is 1900 calories a day. I'm currently doing Insanity 6x a week and I've lost 5 lbs in the last 5 weeks :)
  • theblackbirdtree
    Options
    I exercise about 3000 cals a week, at 5'7" and maintaining about 122 pounds at 1500 calories. Granted, some days I undereat by a couple hundred cals, some days I overeat.

I believe metabolism and body fat percentage play a HUGE role in determining how or why you aren't reaching your fitness goals.

Have you ever measured your body to get a body fat estimate? Mine is 23%, a little high for my taste but I burn more cals than what the calculators say because my muscle mass is in higher proportion.

And don't get me started on macronutrients (carbohydrates, fats, and proteins). If you aren't getting the right amounts of these guys, your weight loss will stall, be erratic, and it can affect your energy levels/workouts.
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1370 (1lb loss per week, sedentary lifestyle), but I usually exercise and "earn back" 400-600 calories. I end up eating about 1800 or so a day with exercise. I like to eat, so I try to exercise more than I focus on strict eating.

I haven't seen a huge loss recently, but I just increased my exercising and changed the time of day, so I think my current stagnant state may just be temporary.
  • Kgustin81
    Kgustin81 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I usually keep to 1200 cals a day - I am 5'7" and currently weigh 191, I workout 5 days a week / min hour a day. In the last 3 1/2 months I've lost 47lbs -- once I reach my goal I'll reset my daily intake probably to 1400 at the most. Hope this helps!
  • wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    5'7" and 1875 cals a day. I do an hour to 1.5 hours of weights 3x a week coupled with 20 mins of hiit, and then a 60-min cardio session on my non-lifting days. I'm losing about a pound a week.
  • rmarshalla
    rmarshalla Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 6.25"
    When I started I was on 1290/day and was holding onto weight...
    I did a lot of research about BMR and the Eat more to Weigh less diets to try and figure it out better.
    I'm on 1450/day now and I'm losing weight fast :). (Went from losing maaaaybe a pound/week to now loosing 2 pounds/week :). )

I eat between 200-400 calories every 2-4 hours to keep my metabolism up.
    I also drink a gallon of water a day and watch my diet carefully - lots of raw veggies and fruits. Lots of protein.
    :)
    Hope that helps somebody!

(Oh! Forgot to say, I exercise 1 hour/day. On my one-two "rest" days per week I make sure to do something active that isn't "exercise" such as deep cleaning the house, light yoga and stretching, going for a long walk, etc...)
  • JS268
    JS268 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    5'7.5" 1200 calories :smile: