Hit Onederland today! Pics~

Options
shayoni
shayoni Posts: 43 Member
Prepare for too many pictures hahah!

I just really wanted to share with some people so here seems like a good place! Dunno if everyone really wants to hear my story, so I'll keep it short. I started using Myfitnesspal (for real this time hahah) around July 30th 2011. Almost 1 year ago. I was at about 255 lbs, only 5 down from my highest weight.

Here's a picture from right after I moved back to Oklahoma in July 2010. I would guess I was around 235-240

100_0418.jpg

And at my high weight in April 2011 260-265 lbs not sure

2011-04-27_15-26-28_891.jpg

By September my boyfriend had started working at subway instead of in a deli with greasy food and accidentally lost his first 10 pounds. It got him thinking "this is easy" and we started taking walks and trying to jog together at night. I say Trying because at this point, jogging for a whole minute gave me a painful sidestitch and stole my breath away.

By October we had joined a gym and I was walking on the treadmill for about 20 min and playing with the free weights mostly at random. I remember the first day I managed to jog 7 minutes nonstop at 4 mph. I felt like a huge success! I was back down to 135 lbs around this time

100_0625.jpg

By December I was at 220 and jogging for almost the whole 20 minutes

2011-12-20_23-12-47_205.jpg

And in January I bought myself a 1x Jacket. I was so worried about starting to buy things that weren't 2x sizes. I had dropped my pants size from a very tight 20w to a comfortable 16 (no w!)

2012-01-21_14-30-37_819.jpg

2012-01-24_00-40-53_491.jpg

My weight loss really started slowing down around this time. I was getting impatient with myself. Not having a better idea and being unable to get myself to eat lower amounts of calories, I started pushing the cardio harder and harder. I was still netting close to 1800 calories a day, but It really wasn't working for me. I started to drop the lifting all together and would just jog nonstop for the hour that I was at the gym with my boyfriend. I didn't feel bad about the jogging though. I still feel the most amazing after jogging a long distance (furthest so far was 7 miles one day when I was angry with myself for binging again =( ) but anyway!

starting in March I hit a plateau. I was 208, and I stayed there for about a month and a half. During this time I was running about 6 days a week for at least an hour a day, and had stopped logging my food. some days I was eating way too little, and others I was way over, but the scale wasn't moving at all.

I finally got myself together about halfway through May and started logging again. I finally dropped a little to 205. And that's when I decided I needed a drastic change and started New Rules of LIfting for Women.

Here I am the first night before I went, please excuse the incredibly stupid expressions in these pics

100_0890.jpg

100_0892.jpg

I've been following the program for about a month and a half and today was the first day of stage 2 for me so I took comparison pictures. It was also the first day I weighed in at under 200! You can imagine how excited I was this morning when I saw that =D

100_0960.jpg

100_0963.jpg

And one final comparison because I love side by sides!

comparison.png

Okay, done spamming pictures at you guys. lemme know what you think!

Replies

• RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Great job! You can definitely see a huge difference!!
  • shayoni
    Options
    I should have added a picture of my boyfriend! He dropped from a size 36 at 195 lbs to a loose ish 32 at 155 lbs

490.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

Should also add, since May 23 I have been eating 2000 on non workout days and 2300 on workout days with my loss set at 1/2 lb per week on mfp. I've been trying to eat at 40% carbs and 30% on fat and protein but I don't usually hit it quite right. I have been eating waaaay more protein than I used to though!
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    WELL DONE! Both of you!
  • gailosborne
    gailosborne Posts: 435
    Options
    You both look great, keep up the hard work!
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Great work guys :)
  • cairoqueen27
    cairoqueen27 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Well done. Thanks so much for sharing these photos. It really does help to see what fantastic changes can be achieved with persistent effort. :smile:
  • roodledoodle
    roodledoodle Posts: 183
    Options
    You've both done amazing so far!!! Thanks for sharing your success, you should be really proud of your progress :smile:
  • shayoni
    Options
    Thank you guys! I still have so far to go, I kinda feel silly feeling so proud of myself at this point. =D
  • merls74
    merls74 Posts: 25
    Options
    Grats, that's awesome! I can't wait to get to Onederland! It's always good and motivational to see people achieve goals and how happy it makes them! Great job!
  • CWatermelon
    CWatermelon Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    What absolute commitment! You should definitely feel proud! Those side by sides totally show the work effort you put into putting yourself and your health first! Love that your partner is in this with you!
  • historygirldd
    historygirldd Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Great Job! You should be so proud.
  • sab0834
    sab0834 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    are you kidding? you should not feel silly for being proud. you have done so much and come so far be proud of every lb lost! you worked for it own it!
  • EbonySD
    EbonySD Posts: 142
    Options
    You are getting cut young lady! Awesome progress!
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Wow! Look at the difference in you! Congratulations! Your hard work is paying off in many ways - keep up the fantastic work!
  • shayoni
    Options
    Thank you! <3 It's really motivating for me when people can see how much work I've put into this My boyfriend lost his weight really fast once he started paying attention to what he ate. It really helps to have his support in cooking healthier meals at home.

I'm trying to get away from eating as much prepackaged food, but I figure if I'm running late, a lean cuisine is still better than mcdonalds =x
  • KamFit12
    KamFit12 Posts: 43
    Options
    You've done an amazing job. Very inspiring.
  • shayoni
    Options
    Oh, and if anyone wants to friend me, that would be awesome. I don't have a lot of Pals on here. Just don't freak out if you look at my diary and see me way under calories some days, that's only because I don't usually log my dinner (but I do count it up in my head)

I'm still fighting my "eat when bored" urges, but it's a lot easier now that I keep healthy snacks around the house instead of chips and cookies!
  • marie_cressman
    marie_cressman Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up!
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Congrats to both of you! Great work!
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You look great and I'm sure you feel better!! Continued success to you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!