Quick To Go Breakfasts!

Options
2»

Replies

• kristinlbrammer
    kristinlbrammer Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I was just about to post this topic myself this morn, but searched and found yours first... I'm hungry in the morn. If I don't eat brkfst, I'll end up snacking and eating more calories than I should before I ever make it to lunch. I'm always looking for new quick ideas for breakfast as well. This morn I had a realllly good one. I was proud of myself!! I made a "thin turkey bagel brkfst sandwich"! This includes:
    one THIN bagel (110 calories)
    one wedge of laughing cow garden veggie cream cheese
    and btw. 3-6 pieces of turkey lunch meat
    I through all the ingredients in a ziplock bag as I went out the door. I toasted and put it together once I got to work.
    TOTAL CALORIES: 189!!
    Thanks for the post - It will help give me some ideas too!!
  • MrsVerhaeghe
    MrsVerhaeghe Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    That sounds amazing! I love bagel sandwiches so I am definitely gonna have to try this one! Thanks so much for the ideas guys!
  • jennismagic
    jennismagic Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I eat my homemade granola dry when I'm in a huge rush.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I don't do well with grain(wheat) at breakfast (but lunch and dinner they seem fiine)- So I usually have a protein shake ( banana, frozen berries, rice milk, protein powder)- I like drinking my breakfast.
    ssometimes I just have a handful of nuts and juice. but that doesn't last quite as long as the shake and I need an earlier lunch or late morning snack.

I keep premade protein drinks in the fridge for rushed mornings.

I found a recipe for energy balls and have been fiddlling with it. Oats, honey, almond butter, dried berries, - stuff like that- rolled into small balls. It'll be good for breakfast once I get the recipe to my liking.
  • Kebby83
    Kebby83 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I just wake up earlier and have cereal. I was having something quick on the way to work (a protein shake or something) but it made me suffer in..other departments. Raisin bran - measure it out the night before and wake up at 5am and eat it.
  • smelons
    smelons Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I like these (http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/06/hash-brown-egg-white-nests.html). They're eggs, potatoes, and toppings all in a neat little muffin sized package. I make them with sauteed spinach and feta cheese, no meat. My fiance likes his with fake meat and cheddar cheese. Any combination of things that you would normally put in an omelet would work. I make six at a time, which lasts for three meals. I stick them in ziploc bags and eat them while walking to the subway in the morning.
    If you explore the skinny taste website, there are a lot of breakfast recipes on it. She makes oatmeal bars, muffins, scones, smoothies, breads, et cetera.

Ooh, thanks for that link to the hash brown nests. I'm salivating now...
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    First, I've got to address the fact that using 'I'm too busy' as an excuse to cook/prepare a meal isn't that convincing...

I get to work several hours before the sun comes up and each morning I make the time to cook eggs, ham, toast, and coffee to start my day off right...Takes 15 minutes from start to clean.

If you're just lazy (sorry) maybe try some microwaved oatmeal with milk, protein powder, a couple eggs, cinnamon, and a banana.
  • mlkiel
    mlkiel Posts: 91
    Options
    Here are a few options oatmeal, oats, hard-boiled egg, or cereal. I just tried microwaving an egg added cheese and hot sauce, took 2-3 minutes and was good, since I get burned out on hard boiled eggs.

Break 1 egg in a microwave safe bowl and scramble with a fork. cover bowl and place in microwave to 1 - 1 1/2 minutes.
  • MrsVerhaeghe
    MrsVerhaeghe Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas! And I'm not to lazy to do breakfast in the morning. I just have two little boys who suffer from night terrors and are usually up all night so I dont get much sleep. But I still want to be able to eat something healthy in the morning. But that was nice of you to judge someone you dont know :)