Favorite"Healthier" Fast Food???

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
My post on Taco Bell had me thinking it might be useful for all of us to post our favorite Fast Food Meals that are friendly to our "new lifestyle" (I refuse to call it a diet! LOL). Of course a lot of fast food has more sodium, so just plan accordingly and watch your sodium intake the rest of the day.

My favorites are:
Taco Bell:
Fresco Style Taco Supreme: 150 Cal, 8 g fat, 3 g fiber
Fresco Style Meximelt: 190 Cal, 7 g fat, 3 g fiber
Fresco Style Chicken Burrito Supreme: 330 cal, 8 g fat, 7 g fiber
Fresco Style Chicken Fiesta Burrito: 330 Cal, 8 g fat, 3 g fiber
Fresco Style Chicken Border Bowl: 350 Cal, 8 g fat, 10 g fiber
Fresco Style Pintos and Cheese (has no cheese but has salsa instead):120 Cal, 2 g fat, 7 g fiber

I often get the Fresco Style Chicken Fiesta Burrito with the fresco style pintos and cheese for a nice meal that fills me up and keeps me going. The total for that is 450 cal and 10 g fat.

Wendy's:
Mandarin Chicken Salad with Reduced Fat Ranch and Rice Noodles: 320 Cal/ 12 g fat
Ultimate Chicken Grill: 320 Calories/ 7 g Fat
Side Salad w/Reduced Fat Ranch: 130 Cal, 8 g fat (This can change depending on dressing used, I just love their reduced fat ranch)
Small Chili: 220 Calories/6 g fat/ 5 g fiber!
Large Chli: 330 Cal/8 g fat/8 g fiber!
Jr. Hamburger: 230 cal/8 g fat

A chili and side salad or a Jr. Hamburger and side salad are good meals.

Of course Subway has tons of choices. I love the turkey and veggie sub on whole wheat

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    My post on Taco Bell had me thinking it might be useful for all of us to post our favorite Fast Food Meals that are friendly to our "new lifestyle" (I refuse to call it a diet! LOL). Of course a lot of fast food has more sodium, so just plan accordingly and watch your sodium intake the rest of the day.

My favorites are:
    Taco Bell:
    Fresco Style Taco Supreme: 150 Cal, 8 g fat, 3 g fiber
    Fresco Style Meximelt: 190 Cal, 7 g fat, 3 g fiber
    Fresco Style Chicken Burrito Supreme: 330 cal, 8 g fat, 7 g fiber
    Fresco Style Chicken Fiesta Burrito: 330 Cal, 8 g fat, 3 g fiber
    Fresco Style Chicken Border Bowl: 350 Cal, 8 g fat, 10 g fiber
    Fresco Style Pintos and Cheese (has no cheese but has salsa instead):120 Cal, 2 g fat, 7 g fiber

I often get the Fresco Style Chicken Fiesta Burrito with the fresco style pintos and cheese for a nice meal that fills me up and keeps me going. The total for that is 450 cal and 10 g fat.

Wendy's:
    Mandarin Chicken Salad with Reduced Fat Ranch and Rice Noodles: 320 Cal/ 12 g fat
    Ultimate Chicken Grill: 320 Calories/ 7 g Fat
    Side Salad w/Reduced Fat Ranch: 130 Cal, 8 g fat (This can change depending on dressing used, I just love their reduced fat ranch)
    Small Chili: 220 Calories/6 g fat/ 5 g fiber!
    Large Chli: 330 Cal/8 g fat/8 g fiber!
    Jr. Hamburger: 230 cal/8 g fat

A chili and side salad or a Jr. Hamburger and side salad are good meals.

Of course Subway has tons of choices. I love the turkey and veggie sub on whole wheat
  • jlohern
    jlohern Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am a huge Taco Bell fan too!

McDonalds Kids Meals (I can give the toys to my niece!):
    Hamburger Happy Meal with Diet Coke: 500 Cal
    4-Piece McNugget Happy Meal w/Diet Coke: 420 Cal
    6-Piece McNugget Mighty Kids Meal w/Diet Coke: 500 Cal

Quiznos:
    Small Prime Rib & Peppercorn Sub w/Cheese, no Dressing: 400 Cal, 14g fat, 4g fiber
    Small Turkey, Bacon, & Guacamole Sub w/Cheese, no Dressing: 400 Cal, 15g fat, 6g fiber

I know all of these choices are pretty high in fat, but sometimes I just crave it!
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Being a travel stay at home mom (we go on buisness trips as a whole family) sometimes we have to go this route. So mcdonalds I like the snack wraps grilled, the fruit and yogurt parfait and apple slices. From burger king I like the fact that they serve low carb dishes. Any sandwich they serve you can get in a dish with lettuce tomato onion and pickle and the meat-either the tendergrill chicken or a whopper jr isn't too bad. Their veggie burgers are some of the best I have ever tasted. Having them take the bread and mayo off for you helps to make sure you don't get tempted to eat it. My pet peeve chains are all the big pizza chains-you think that they could come up with something healthier other than a salad with chicken
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    Dairy Queen Chicken Basket kid's meal is 420 calories for the chicken and fries, 21 g of fat. I get water as the drink and turn the treat slip in for a 50 calorie fudge bar....mmmmm
  • DianneLynn
    DianneLynn Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Here are a couple calculators offered by the following fast food establishments so that you can plan your "eats" accurately:

DAIRY QUEEN
    Canadian Site: http://www.dairyqueen.com/ca-en/eats-and-treats/nutrition-calculator/

American Site:
    http://www.dairyqueen.com/us-en/eats-and-treats/nutrition-calculator/

MACDONALDS
    http://www.mcdonalds.ca/en/food/calculator.aspx

**Most restaurants have a nutritional flyer available for the asking if not displayed in their establishment and most chains publish the Nutritional for their menus online. The MacDonalds calculator, above, is exceptional as you can enter each item as we do here and get the total nutritional for your customized meal.
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of Chick Fil A. All of there salads are good. they also have fruit cups and a great grilled chicken sandwich on wheat bun!
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    I had read something in a link provided by someone here and the information said the McDonald's snack chicken wraps were a good option when you needed something. I miscalculated my time out one day and needed something so I got a grilled one with ranch. It was the worst tasting thing I think I've ever tried and absolutely could not gag it down. I threw it away. I really love the extra cripsy kinds of things with the breading.....mmmmm
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I love the Asian Chicken Salad from McDonald's with grilled chicken. Actually I prefer the crispy chicken, but oh well. It's only 390 with the dressing. The fruit and yogurt parfait is awsome too, only 160. My only peeve with them is that you can't get 4 McNuggets unless it's part of a happy meal. And I don't have the will power to throw away 2!
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    The fresco taco bell menu is great! I enjoyed it today and it was filing.
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    my favorites are:

Taco Bell
    Tostada Fresco Style 200cal, 6 fat, 8 fiber, 30 carbs.
    Pintos n. Cheese 180 cal, 7 fat, 6 fiber, 79 carbs.

McDonald's
    Southwest salad with grilled Chicken 320 cal, 9 f, 7 fiber, 30 carbs (I always ask to have this without the corn strips, about half the time it's no problem and the other half its impossible, gotta laugh)
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I'm stay away from fast food joints:indifferent:
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I have Chick Fila or Subway.

If those aren't an option...

At BK I get the grilled chicken with NO MAYO.

I haven't been to a McD's in 10 mths.

Otherwise... I hit up a salad bar at a local grocery store.
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I love the Asian Chicken Salad from McDonald's with grilled chicken. It's only 390 with the dressing. The fruit and yogurt parfait is awsome too, only 160.

Oh yes! LOVE the Asian Salad!!!!!! That's what I get EVERY time! And if I ever need to get breakfast, I get the fruit and yogurt parfait! Yum Yum... :drinker:
  • maryclare
    maryclare Posts: 3
    Options
    Check out www.eatthis.com

It's the online version of the book "Eat This, Not That" and it has a whole listing of different restaurants and fast food chains with the best choices when eating out. It even has a "menu decoder" that tips you off to key words and ingredients in menu options so you know EXACTLY what you're ordering. It's been such a huge help for me!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I'm stay away from fast food joints:indifferent:
    Sing it sister. Fast food turns my stomach these days... can't eat it after watching supersize me.
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    @msarro - ewww...did you see the state of those french fries after DAYS of sitting around? That's what happens in our stomach. Yuck!
  • soup78
    soup78 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I am a big fan of Chick Fil A.

Oh, man I miss Chick-fil-A.....I'm now subjected to McD's and Pizza Hut in my little country-ash town, which I don't frequent. Now, when I travel I love Panera's turkey on sourdough. I'm not sure about the calorie count on their iced green tea, but it's the best. Yum!
    I haven't been to a taco bell in quite a while, but those Fresca deals sound good...
  • greeneggsam
    greeneggsam Posts: 121
    Options
    I had a small victory today at the Panda Express: instead of a Panda Bowl with fried rice and orange chicken (950 calories), I had a yummy mushroom chicken with a 1/2 serving of white rice (420 calories).

My other faves:
    Taco Bell spicy chicken burrito (400 calories)
    Taco Bell zesty chicken bowl, no dressing (410 calories)
    McDonald's southwest salad with grilled chicken and dressing (420 calories)
    Wendy's chicken nugget kid's meal with mandarin oranges and vanilla frosty (314 calories)
  • runnerwithstyle
    runnerwithstyle Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Chickfila, Tropical Smoothie, or Paneras
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Wendy's Baconater Burger--two beef pattys, 6 pieces of bacon, AND Cheese!! And none of these silly vegis either!

All just as healthy as can be!!!

sarcasm.gif

[I doubt I could even begin to eat more than 1/4 of one of these anymore without getting violently ill. :sick:]