Wearing smaller clothes... But not sure I should?

Options
2»

Replies

• jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    You are still in your 20's so can get away with anything, enjoy it :bigsmile:
    This! If I could go back to the figur I had in my twenties, I'd be showing it off! When I was in my twenties. Grunge and oversize clothes were in style - go figure.
  • vara123
    vara123 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I totally relate to all of this. Since losing wieght, I've had a bit of an identity crisis to be honest and it's certainly influenced my clothing choice. My body has changed shape - my hips/thighs have gotten a lot smaller (<25cm!) while my chest has only shifted about 6cm. I feel very conscious of my chest now and how I am fitting into things. I have always been very confident and often used to wear quite fitted/body hugging clothing while I was bigger - I felt it flattered my more hourglass shape. 34lbs down (and not evenly all across my body) and I find myself more self-conscious. Although two-three UK sizes smaller, the clothes I buy now all seem to be looser fitting, I am not really sure why I am steering more towards that type of thing - possibly because I finally admitted I am fat, and I have a problem with that and am doing somehting about it, I guess... Like you - although I am now getting into the smaller stuff (both in size, and cut), I am actually finding myself more body conscious and thinking should I? Whilst I understand your desire to 'celebrate' by buying the teeniest things possible, I can also relate to this new found insecurity/different type of insecurity - you have worked hard for many months, obsessing with what goes in and out of your body, and acheiving weight loss - I guess it's predictably that as you 'succeed' you do so whilst becoming even more conscious of what (was originally perceieved to be) the 'problem'.

Phew! Long post... sorry about that... been thinking on these things for a while now.
  • paulcer
    paulcer Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    What's a maxi dress? Is that like a mumu?

Have fun with clothes while your young.
  • kittyneutron
    kittyneutron Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    For summer weather try maxi dresses, they are very flattering to every figure especially fat women.

LOL yeah, even at 5'2.5''-5'3'' like me, they look just ridiculous. My friend who is my height and only 110 lbs tried one yesterday and had the same problem! Although I really wish I could wear them, they look so comfortable!

There are a whole lot of things I can't wear and look completely goofy in. But I love my maxi dresses-at 5'9 (1,75 m) they are perfect-I wore one recently on a long flight, it was such a comfortable outfit :) Hilariously enough sometimes maxi dresses aren't even really long enough for me, most of them just barely hit my ankle.
  • Emily_Katherine
    Options
    I bet you look great. But if you're not sure, you could take some pics and post to youlookfab.com's forum. The community there is very friendly and great at determining good fit :)
  • flisafakto
    flisafakto Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I totally relate to all of this. Since losing wieght, I've had a bit of an identity crisis to be honest and it's certainly influenced my clothing choice. My body has changed shape - my hips/thighs have gotten a lot smaller (<25cm!) while my chest has only shifted about 6cm. I feel very conscious of my chest now and how I am fitting into things. I have always been very confident and often used to wear quite fitted/body hugging clothing while I was bigger - I felt it flattered my more hourglass shape. 34lbs down (and not evenly all across my body) and I find myself more self-conscious. Although two-three UK sizes smaller, the clothes I buy now all seem to be looser fitting, I am not really sure why I am steering more towards that type of thing - possibly because I finally admitted I am fat, and I have a problem with that and am doing somehting about it, I guess... Like you - although I am now getting into the smaller stuff (both in size, and cut), I am actually finding myself more body conscious and thinking should I? Whilst I understand your desire to 'celebrate' by buying the teeniest things possible, I can also relate to this new found insecurity/different type of insecurity - you have worked hard for many months, obsessing with what goes in and out of your body, and acheiving weight loss - I guess it's predictably that as you 'succeed' you do so whilst becoming even more conscious of what (was originally perceieved to be) the 'problem'.

Phew! Long post... sorry about that... been thinking on these things for a while now.

That is EXACTLY how I feel! It's like you say, obsessing with my body, what goes into it, what I do with it, how it changes... It's made self-conscious in a whole new way! I absolutely feel more insecure now than 35 lbs ago. It's very nice to know I'm not alone in having these conflicting thoughts and feelings :flowerforyou:
  • avt85
    avt85 Posts: 64
    Options
    as a representative of the male species, I say why be ashame? flaunt it when you can!