20 pounds/ 2 month challenge

Options
I'm going to be challenging myself to loose 20 pound (or hopefully more...but at least 20) in two months (8 weeks).

So feel free to join in and we can do it together!

Start date - 10th of July 2012
End date - 4th September 2012

If you want to take part please state your *CW* as of today, Your *daily calorie goal* and *GW* (20 pounds off your current weight)

Weigh in will be every week on a Tuesday. Also adding a little information about your week in general is always helpful to other - For example, did you stick to your calorie goal? How much water have you been drinking? how much exercise? ...Don't be afraid to contribute if you also have a bad week/day as i'm sure there will be others and you are more likely than to get the support and motivation.

So, as i said i'm starting from today and i hope alot of you will want to join in! Imagine yourself 20 pound (or more!) lighter in two months time.

CW: 184
DCG: 1200 calories
End of challenge GW: 164

Week 1 Weigh in: 184
W2W:
W3W:
W4W:
W5W:
W6W:
W7W:
Final Weigh in:

Replies

• ltfitz89
    ltfitz89 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    This sounds like fun! I have a wedding to go to in Oct. so this is a great for me. I definitely want to join in!

CW:185
    DCG:1200
    GW: 160

I didn't actually weigh myself this morning and I'm already dressed and had breakfast so I'm just going to guess... I try to avoid my scale if possible... but this was my last weight from less than a week ago... hopefully we can motivate each other!
  • beautybreakdownNJM
    Options
    Fantastic!! I have a wedding coming up in just over two months and I've got my eye on a dress, however i need to loose at least 20 pounds for it to look as fabulous as i need it to look ahaha! Good luck for this week. Keep in touch and let me know how you're doing :) x
  • Rebeccawks
    Rebeccawks Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hey all! My name is Becky and I would LOVE to be part of this group. I could definitely use the motivation and accountability. I try to provide the same to everyone so feel free to add me!

CW: 198*
    DCG: 1200
    GW: 178 (that would be awesome!)

I.was kinda bad last night (late snacking on sugar free pudding & fresh pineapple no less) that not only made me way over on my calories but made me weigh heavier today. A more accurate number is probably 195 but for honesty's sake I'll put what the scale said.

A little about me: 23 years old, working a full time desk job in south florida. I have no kids but livew/ a roommate (my cousin). Five years ago I topped the scales at 386 and have been working diligently (w/ some breaks) at losing the weight. I just want a normal BMI and that would be 174.8 for me. I've been eating clean and working out for a while now so if anyone has questions I am more than willing to give whatever advice I can ;) I'm excited for thischallenge
  • beautybreakdownNJM
    Options
    Great :) Congrats on losing all that weight so far though, that's amazing Beccy! Glad that you've decided to jump on board. I'll add you as a friend so we can keep in touch in between weigh ins...We can do this!
  • Ariana120689
    Ariana120689 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Im in.

CW:186
    GW:166
    DCG:1200

I have always had trouble trying to lose weight. But now i have been seeing lots of results due to a huge change in eating and exercising. I feel more motivated then ever.
  • jennadiane_
    jennadiane_ Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I need help to be held accountable.

CW: 150
    GW: 130

I actually just started back on he losing weight train and of course it's the week I am due for my period so, I am a couple pounds heavier. I've been doing really well with the working out and watching calories so far though. My problem is I'm a snacker.
  • maxwellt13
    maxwellt13 Posts: 20
    Options
    I'm in!
    Week 1 Weigh in: 244
    W2W:
    W3W:
    W4W:
    W5W:
    W6W:
    W7W:
    Final Weigh in:

GW(for this challenge): 224
    GW:190
  • georgeanna1
    georgeanna1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I am going on vacation for two weeks of this challenge but hopefully this will keep me from over indulging!

Week 1 Weigh in: 180
    W2W:
    W3W:
    W4W:
    W5W:
    W6W:
    W7W:
    Final Weigh in:

GW(for this challenge): 160
    GW:135
  • kd1414
    kd1414 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    CW: 222.5
    DCG: 1360 calories
    End of challenge GW: 202.5

I've been trying to get my weight under control since I had my kids. I hope that I will stay disciplined and on plan this time. I would like to start to get healthy for myself and my family. I'm looking forward to being held accountable every week!
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join in . are you making a group, ior just having this thread?

Week 1 weight in : 144.2
    W2W:
    W3W:
    W4W:
    W5W:
    W6W:
    W7W:
    Final Weigh in:
    GW: 125
    DCG:1200 plus workout calories (1500 min on lifting days)
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Hey all! My name is Becky and I would LOVE to be part of this group. I could definitely use the motivation and accountability. I try to provide the same to everyone so feel free to add me!

CW: 198*
    GW: 178 (that would be awesome!)

I.was kinda bad last night (late snacking on sugar free pudding & fresh pineapple no less) that not only made me way over on my calories but made me weigh heavier today. A more accurate number is probably 195 but for honesty's sake I'll put what the scale said.

A little about me: 23 years old, working a full time desk job in south florida. I have no kids but livew/ a roommate (my cousin). Five years ago I topped the scales at 386 and have been working diligently (w/ some breaks) at losing the weight. I just want a normal BMI and that would be 174.8 for me. I've been eating clean and working out for a while now so if anyone has questions I am more than willing to give whatever advice I can ;) I'm excited for thischallenge

wow Becky you have done so well so far! I'm at a plateau and have been for about a year (fluctuating in the 140s) and am always looking for new workouts and foods that others like if you have anything to share!
  • beautybreakdownNJM
    Options
    Hi guys, in the process of making the group. Just did the thread first to see if anybody was actually interested :) So glad i have you all to do this with. Lots of motivation going around! Lets keep it up
  • Shannonhurley88
    Shannonhurley88 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Brilliant!!!

CW 205
    GW 185

Trying to undo the damage i have done. Have tough mudder in September so this should help keep motivated to eat right while i am super active!
  • o0IrishEyes0o
    o0IrishEyes0o Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I would like to join as well!

I dropped about 20lbs for my wedding... and I have put a lot of it back on! My weight number is a little funky (and high) because I've been retaining water like crazy lately... but for honesty's sake... thats what it said on the scale this morning.

I'm excited to do this! Feel free to friend request me so we can support each other!!

W1W: 152
    W2W:
    W3W:
    W4W:
    W5W:
    W6W:
    W7W:
    W8W:

GW: 130
    Workout: Chalean Extreme
  • newlife414
    newlife414 Posts: 33
    Options
    I'm in! Yay challenge! I started working out and tracking again yesterday so this is perfect for me. I also re-joined MFP yesterday so I'm in need of some friends! Everyone feel free to add me and we can support each other and help each other along!!!

CW: 243.2
    DCG: 1300 calories
    End of challenge GW: 223.2
    Week 1 Weigh in: 243.2
    W2W:
    W3W:
    W4W:
    W5W:
    W6W:
    W7W:
    Final Weigh in:
  • Scamargo719
    Options
    Im in! I dont know if you would be interested in starting a diet bet? There is another website called dietbet.com where you can get a whole bunch of friends or something like this to help lose the weight. Just a thought if you were interested. I would totally join in if you started it.

CW: 167
    GW:147
    Daily Cal. : 1100 to 1200
    Excersize: 30 to 45 min. / 4 times a week

Good luck to everyone!
  • stin2000
    stin2000 Posts: 2
    Options
    Yes! Thank you! In desperate need of motivation and accountability. I'm in! Sister's wedding at the end of September and 20lbs lost would be great.
    CW 151.0
    GW 131.0
    DCG: 1200 calories.
    Week 1 Weigh in: 151.0
  • ladybug114
    ladybug114 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 20kilos
    20kilos Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im In!
    CW: 167
    GW:147
    DCG 1200 calories
  • emmeline79
    Options
    I'm in!! I've been looking for a group to do this with and seemed to have missed them just by a few days.. Looking forward to this!!

CW: 271 *This is as of last week, will update shortly with exact numbers
    DCG: 1500 calories
    GW: 251

Week 1 Weigh in: 271
    W2W:
    W3W:
    W4W:
    W5W:
    W6W:
    W7W:
    Final Weigh in: