Would you count this as exercise?

Options
2»

Replies

• epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I say if you can find it in the cardio exercise - use it!!! When I do something like that a lot of times it ends up replacing at least part of my workout time for the day.....
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I spent hours and hours cleaning this darn floor and im going to have to go over it twice :cry: :grumble: We just moved in and who ever lived here before didn't clean at all and the grout is suppose to be a light grey well it's black and it's driving me insane!!! Does anyone know anything that cleans up grout really good??The product i got from home depo isn't doing the trick and im going insane i also tried baking soda and vinegar and that didn't work either!!!!

Don't you just hate that! When we moved into our current house the previous owners were going through a divorce and neither of them felt they were responsible for cleaning. The Realtor even talked to them and said they had to clean, so they did a half-baked job but it still was a mess.

I've never had any grout so bad it would resist commercial cleaners, but these are three recipes I've found:

1. Baking soda - which you've tried, but what strength did you use? This recipe recommends 3 cups baking soda and 1 cup warm water.

2. Chlorine bleach: 1/4 cup bleach to 1 quart warm water.

3. Ammonia: 1 tsp household ammonia; 1/4 cup hydrogen peroxide; 3/4 cup water. This one you need to saturate the areas, scrub with a small brush and let soak for a few minutes, then rinse.

Good luck!
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I use Tilex Mold and Mildew remover (it's a bathroom cleaner)- it cleans everything but make sure you're in a well ventilated area. I have actually used it on grout and it's GLOWING white now! Just let it sit for about 5 minutes.
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    :smile: At Weight Watchers they say that any activity counts, activity burns calories... Activity is Activity!!! :wink: and I'm sure that's NOT easy activity!!! My knee's hurt just thinking about it...
    Im scrubbing my tile floors on my hands and knee's my house is 2,000 sq ft and all down stairs is tile and im having to use a scrub brush and a bucket of cleaner to clean my tile it's going to take my hours to get it all done and it's 103 degrees out side about 80 in my house so no matter what im sweating and having to do my floors im dripping sweat but should i count this as exercise or not???
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that MFP already calculates your activity based on what you said your level was in 'settings'. So you are already being allocated calories based on the extra exercise for 1-3 hours or whatever, that that particular level of activity indicates.

That said, Scrubbing the floors on your hands and knees is not part of your normal daily/weekly activity, so I'd count it. Every couple of months, I do heavy yard work and after a couple of hours....I'm sweating and my heart is pounding and I'm about to die from exhaustion. Darn right I count that!!
  • JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    In my opinion if you were sweating, that was fat crying for mercy

I love that! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I will now picture my fat crying for mercy every time I am at the gym! :bigsmile:
  • jess8549
    Options
    "3. Ammonia: 1 tsp household ammonia; 1/4 cup hydrogen peroxide; 3/4 cup water. This one you need to saturate the areas, scrub with a small brush and let soak for a few minutes, then rinse. "

Be careful if you try this and you have pets. The ammonia smell can make them want to urinate there.